Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Windows XP Service Pack 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just ran Windows Update manually for the first time in a while, turns out Windows XP SP 3 is available.

Does anyone else have it and see any improvements? I'd rather not waste any computer space to something that Microsoft concocted in a basement.

Yay or nay?:unsure:
I haven't installed it on my PC, don't see the need to just yet.
Hmm... I have SP3 installed for some 2-3 months already (on XP-Pro version).

Can't say i did notice any major improvement, only some very 'subtile'
tweakings for certain System functions... and such.

So far I'm not having any troubles with SP3 installed.

Not quite a 'MUST HAVE' - still recommended to use, in my opinion.
And it can be uninstalled also, if needed...
IMHO if it aint broke dont fix it. If you PC is running good then dont bother. SP2 fixed most of the major bugs remaning that SP1 didnt fix. I havent upgraded and I dont really see the need to.

I vote naw
Service pack three is most useful for people who have high end systems. Microsoft knows that gamers like their graphics, and it also knows that these gamers were pretty pissed off when DX 10 effects in notably ridiculous games such as Crysis could only be ran with Vista (Or if you did a bit of manual editing, reduced performance in XP). Though you can count DX10 games on one hand, it still pissed gamers off. SP3 is meant to make DX 10 compatible with XP, I think that was one if its main features.

Its simply a pack to keep up with Vista without overtaking it. Not to mention, vista is a stopgap. Wait two years for a new and much better microsoft operating system, and possibly a wholesale move to 64bits.