Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rule Clarification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a small issue i came across that i would appreciate some clarification on, thanks.

Recently i was pirating when an LN pilot came and began attacking me (after proper RP). We had a good fight but due to my inexperience Cool i was forced to flee. I docked at Rochestor Base with my aggressor off the radar - i thought i had given him the slip. Since i was not PvP dead, (has to be 10km radius when docking) i decided to go a different system and continue pirating. Obviously he had tracked me, somehow, to Rochestor, and was nearby after i had launched.

I thought then that he must have followed me and been in 10kms radius when i docked, meaning i was PvP dead. I said this, but he would not permit me to leave the system and he attacked me, so i humored him, docked and left the game.

So my question is this: after PvP death by docking, do we simply have to leave the system, or do we have to use a new character (in a different system) to continue playing?

Thanks
Damn bastard.

Big Grin

The first time I didn't see you dock, so rulewise, you weren't PvP-dead. But after that I was camping Rochester to block the exit for you inRP. After I tried insta-killing you, you docked after shields were downed, so only then were you PvP-dead.
(06-03-2014, 09:17 AM)TANKinetic Wrote: [ -> ]So my question is this: after PvP death by docking, do we simply have to leave the system, or do we have to use a new character (in a different system) to continue playing?

You only have to leave the system. However if you are in a new system, the navy pilot has every right to come and try to kill you again.
(06-04-2014, 12:53 AM)Leppy Wrote: [ -> ]You only have to leave the system. However if you are in a new system, the navy pilot has every right to come and try to kill you again.

So for example if i am chased to a base and PvP die, can i legally undock straight away and leave the system?
(06-04-2014, 06:31 AM)TANKinetic Wrote: [ -> ]So for example if i am chased to a base and PvP die, can i legally undock straight away and leave the system?

You can inform the player that you are leaving the system and can leave. I suppose as I have done it twice.
Yeah...just undock and tell them you are leaving system.
(06-04-2014, 06:53 AM)Highland Laddie Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah...just undock and tell them you are leaving system.

And get shot 8|
(06-04-2014, 06:54 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-04-2014, 06:53 AM)Highland Laddie Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah...just undock and tell them you are leaving system.

And get shot 8|

And then report after getting shot. You're dead in that system, AKA not there in RP.
(06-05-2014, 06:12 PM)Evo Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-04-2014, 06:54 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]

And get shot 8|

And then report after getting shot. You're dead in that system, AKA not there in RP.

The rule of giving 10 minutes to leave system is gone.
The rules used to say that PVP-dead players had 10 minutes to leave the system, during which they were allowed to pass unharmed as long as they didn't engage anyone. I might be going blind, but it seems It was removed, along with cruise disruptors not counting as an attack (though the latter is now a justification to shoot trolls under level 30).