Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Can we please stop using this particular ship shape?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yeah, you probably know which one I am talking about.

[Image: 4MddreP.png]

So you have 1/4 of the model simply empty space, so guess what happens when the ship turns vertically while pitching down if it is being shot?

AI Cruiser
Asco Gunboat
Junker Gunboat
And a few others I cannot remember too well.

Please stop using overelaborate shapes during model creation, because those are not the shapes Freelancer was built around. We are stuck with our specific targeting mechanic and such shapes just do not help. They just don't.

No ship should be considered ''above average'' based on how broken the aiming is when shooting it. There is no excuse for it.

Or alternatively, give all the ships such shapes.

Rant over.
Same thing goes for Bretonia and BHG destroyers.
Would be interesting to see whether the ships are still op if they were rotated 180° and the "tail spike" is in front where the cockpit is and the fat part is the "butt" of the ship.

I agree with Spazzy that the shape makes these ships very hard to balance against the others. The Asco is still the only GB that is op by just its shape and it is the only one that can survive practically everything if steered by a pro gb player.
stahp <- yeah stop nerfing AI Stuff : D : D : D
(06-03-2014, 01:20 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]Would be interesting to see whether the ships are still op if they were rotated 180° and the "tail spike" is in front where the cockpit is and the fat part is the "butt" of the ship.

I agree with Spazzy that the shape makes these ships very hard to balance against the others. The Asco is still the only GB that is op by just its shape and it is the only one that can survive practically everything if steered by a pro gb player.

Kusari explorer much?
Quote:I agree with Spazzy that the shape makes these ships very hard to balance against the others. The Asco is still the only GB that is op by just its shape and it is the only one that can survive practically everything if steered by a pro gb player.

Have you guys shot Liberty Gunboat ever? The Asco isn't the only op GB, as you call it so. I don't know if I've so much problems at aiming Lib GB but I find it almost as hard as aiming Asco. Because I've shot the same person flying Asco and flying Lib GB. And the difference wasn't that big. And I tried that against a pro gb player.

Maybe you've not fought against a Rogue gunboat? That's even much harder to hit than the Asco.

I don't say that Asco is balanced,but what GB should an unlawful fly? Imperator or a broken Tridente? I'm sure if they start flying Rogue gunboat or gaian GB you'll have the same problems hitting those gunboats too. If you've not experienced it yet,I've tested it already. There' really are some other gunboats which are even harder to hit than the Asco.

P.S Tridente is quite comfortable ship for me too, but of course, it's broken quite much. Give us the old Tridente back, which used to be in 4.85, that's all.
Pirate ID shouldn't be flying faction tech imo
Especially now that good 'ol pirates got acces to 3 different models different each one and with different capabilities.... i remember when we had just kuex
(06-03-2014, 07:42 PM)Ayatolah Wrote: [ -> ]Especially now that good 'ol pirates got acces to 3 different models different each one and with different capabilities.... i remember when we had just kuex

You could have any unlawful GBs with RP. And that was good. Nothing was in mess.
True, in fact i had my own asco back in .85.... still, now we have a variety that can't be nothing butpraised
Pages: 1 2