Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Have your Vote! Player Bans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sometimes going by the book is just a lame way of avoiding responsibility of being a good person... banning someone just because a cheat detector says they were cheating is not a just method...

I believe players should have the right to a reasonable jury... players that like them and hate them... not just admins that dont know them... and any ban needs supporting evidence from a player

e.g. Roger is banned for speed mod....

Peter the trader says oh yeah i saw him pass me when i was in the trade lane.... and he was zig zagging between lanes.... BINGO cheat detection + player confirmation.... minus player confirmation 7 day ban MAX... if ban is disputed and player has evidence that he did not mod... or has another player to vouch that he did not cheat then bann is to be lifted immediately...

Weapon modding now... this one can be a nasty one...
Peter mods his weapons and roger flys past... Roger notices a lazer beam like effect of heat seeking missiles.... SNAP screen shot...

now... since Peter wasnt using the mod in such a way that it inflicted harm on another persons gameplay.... besides maybe minor lagg or crash due to the amazed :O a player jury would have to decide on wether or not to bann Peter and for how long... of course Roger would supply screenshot evidence.... plus his summary of the event... and Peter would give his arguement, then the players would decide... by voting.... i would assume a player sanction thread would be posted.. with a poll... with variable sentences and punishments... now i know this is a stretch seeing as some players wouldnt bother to report incidents and others might over react... but in combination with the cheat detection perhaps theres a solution?
Not enough options, like the answer of no they should be perm banned for mod abuse.

The thing that detects hacking works perfectly so Im leaving it at that and not voting.
I support banning on a case by case basis.

However, the system seems to be fine as it is.
I think this is a great opportunity for flame fests to happen. If we leave it too open for players, it can get crazy.

Plus, with the amount of bans going on, this would be very time consuming.

If people want to put their say in, they post in the sentence thread, ONLY if they were involved though. People not involved shouldn't need to post. If it's really an unfair judgement, then PM's can do it.

I think it's pretty good the way it is now.

Modders, should be banned on spot for at least a week imo.
I voted more than 1 week, I have never cheated and never had any problem with the anti-cheat software. Couple that with the fact that I think all online cheats should be publically executed in front of their familes makes me less than sympathetic.

It would suck to be unjustly banned, trouble is they all claim their innocent, when really 99% of them are not.
Are you trying to get the system changed? Sorry to crash your party, mate, won't happen.
I like the system as it is. If you cheated, you get banned. If you didn't but you get accused of it, post an appeal.

Verg
well i posted an appeal nothing has happened i havent received notification from Forrd or any of the other admins i contacted... or attempted to contact my posts were ignored or just passed over... so ive been banned for maybe 2-3 weeks... i was accused of speed modding... and from forum discussion it could be because i often join formation to catch up with fellow traders...

u guys just take this game too seriously... theres no point in the speed mod... especially with oversized vessels... like TRADE SHIPS that i was flying... im not an over the top RP person but i enjoy the discovery mod... i like the ships and i like the new trade routes... and i like playing on a server with a few more players than what i can count on my hand...

YES i know that a system like this would require alot more time... but i think banning new players for nothing seems a bit silly... you will only ever keep the same player base maybe increasing a slight amount... the cheat detection sytem currently active is like an over protective antivirus program not letting you open the excell spreadsheet u had made earlier simple because it had macro functions....

ANYWAYS... more feed back on the positive side of player banning (because most of the ones that have replied seem to be quite biased... have u been banned for no reason before?..and admins slow response?)
by the way if i was going to speed modd.... wouldnt i max out my speed? or atleast make it some decent speed? like 500? 600? 700?? what ever speed it registered me travelling at... cant be over 450 and thats PATHETIC!!!!!!!! if i was gonna speed mod i would hack my sheild and hull and boost it to 5000 speed and that way i could blast around the sytems like mad!!

LOGIC PEOPLE SPEED MOD+TRADE VESSEL=ASTEROID PINBALL!!!! and why would i trade if i was going to speed mod atleast mod something decent and highly profitable?? im not dumb... i did not modd discovery... i was banned ... i am pissed off... i think unless there is someone willing to make the statement u are guilty of modding... that saw me cheating/modding then why should i remain banned for such a long time?

if a tree fell in the woods... and a seismic activity detector was only feet from ground impact... it registered it as a major seismic event.. but was short lived... the operators ASSUME it was telling the truth and assume it fizzed out... therefore annoucing an earthquake when really a tree just fell...

Speed detection-didnt get the full picture-admins assumed it was a lanscape painting that was truely representitive of what happened-me banned with no choice but to be lame on forums because admins have a life too!!! (i cant blame them... they assume im guilty... system is meant to be innocent till proven guilty but in this case its guilty till proven innocent...) i dont know about u guys but i dont screenshot every goddamed frame as i play it!!
Well , i have been banned for wep modding 5 days ago. I DO NOT use mods , yet i have been banned for almost 1/3 of my stay in discovery ...

I was with other players near mactan base , raiding freeport 4 on my liberty rogue gunboat ( equiped with 1 basic missile turret , 2 outcast turrets and 3 basic turrets) when i was banned. I have witnesses who were with me on that day ! I posted an appeal , already had to bump the post once , but with no answer...

I dont think it should be needed another players SS to ban someone , but i think if that banned person was with other people at that time , their opinions should be taken into account as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6