Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Greetings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi people of discovery,

I'm from Switzerland and pretty new to Freelancer and space sims in general, but I've been RPing for 10 years in different. I got into the game five days ago so everything is pretty much new for me but I'm slowly figuring things out.

First experience on discovery :
I followed the basic newbie instructions and guide and started out to mining and doing some trading contracts until I got enough money to actually create another character for a more RP-oriented gameplay. I'm however a bit lost with the many ships/factions and IDs and all equipment/weapons available and also curious on how a player can actually have a bit of influence the game world.

My characters are Kala Deryn and Gunter Herzog.
Welcome to Discovery. Check out the wiki and the forums for information on the different factions and their RP. Also download Freelancer Companion, It will provide most of the information about systems,ships,equipment ,buying locations, and trade routes you need to be successful. Once you feel comfortable try joining one of the official factions.
welcome to the server! I hope to see you in space!
Hello and Welcome
Welcome and I sincerely hope you have played the Single player of the Vanilla version. If not, do play it before hand trying the multi player, It will give you a lot of information.