Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Blood Dragon Feedback page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Hello.

If your response to how we handled our roleplay with you is to send me a PM titled "Why to ***** on ever having BD| as ally. Good job." due to consequences of your own decisions, then I strongly suggest you re-evaluate your approach to separating inRP and ooRP emotions. Every situation has the potential to be roleplayed out, and if your first instinct to being called out on offering up munitions is to do that, well... It's not good.

I hope the situation improves, as I've enjoyed my interactions with you guys thus far.
Hey guys, I know our factions aren't on the best of terms, but I would really appreciate a reply of some kind, be it hostile or friendly or anything, to this comm. Thanks.

Comms
(04-23-2018, 05:47 PM)Zephyranthes Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, I know our factions aren't on the best of terms, but I would really appreciate a reply of some kind, be it hostile or friendly or anything, to this comm. Thanks.

Comms

I believe you have already been pm'd about this, but to further confirm, your post has been seen and will be replied too once it's been decided how we want to reply, I can assure you that the lack of response has nothing to do with the diabolic inrp relationship with between BD| and AUX.
I thought the Red Hessians were obnoxious in their PoB-hunting endeavors, but you seem to be taking it a step further by sieging a base with almost zero RP whatsoever. Your motivations are simply "its a base, we must kill it".

Someone (not sure if indie or not) also destroyed a group of PoBs in Kepler with the reason of "it threatens Kusari and civilians in the system", despite said bases being way off-plane. Interesting how this attack declaration is the first post they ever made, by the way.

Honestly lame. Just lame.
(07-13-2018, 09:47 PM)Ruairi Wrote: [ -> ](not sure if indie or not)
Indie.
(07-13-2018, 09:47 PM)Ruairi Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the Red Hessians were obnoxious in their PoB-hunting endeavors, but you seem to be taking it a step further.

If only someone was capable...
Hi Ruairi,

Thanks for your feedback and input about the current activities regarding the Blood Dragons.

First off I would like to say that this faction was not involved in the situation in Kepler at all, in fact we have a pretty good relationship with the factions that owned the PoBs so it wouldn’t have made any sense for us to get involved. Secondly it was Kusari border worlds so would not have been of huge concern to us anyway.

I’m regards to the bit actually about us then I completely understand what you are saying that it seems a bit out of order just finding and destroying peoples hard work because we can. So there are a few reasons we have done this on occasion which I will elaborate now and hopefully it’ll give you a better idea behind the inRp and OORP motivations.

InRP the Blood Dragons see themselves as the true rulers of Kusari and as such they behave in general just like any house military would do albeit slightly more ruthless you can’t forget we are revolutionaries. So in this respect it is an unauthorised construction within Blood Dragon space most houses also share this stance with random PoBs.

I would secondly like to point out that the attack declaration is an OORP post so just because it is declared doesn’t mean it will immediately be killed as soon as the day is up. So the actual RP stuff will continue to grow until the siege is over.

There is also an OORP motivation I will say not regarding this PoB but them in general. We can assume this is a hostile base because otherwise an ally would have contacted us. So we know it is an enemy off the bat and then there is the rate at which PoBs become unmanageable for anybody without 15-20 heavy capital ships. You only have to take a look at Nagano to see the core 4 PoB with approximately 7 weapon platforms that in my year or so as a heavy Kusarian player has not once seen a single person use. That base is there for the sake of being there it adds nothing to RP and it untouchable without half of the average player base banding together to remove it.

Finally I have had several PoBs destroyed in my time on the server some through neglect and others due to attacks but I have always enjoyed that last minute supply trying to defend it and the activity that comes along with it. Kusari struggles for activity on a good day and the occasional siege does it some good.

I hope this answer gives the result you were looking for we have no intention of just blowing things up to upset people so if this is causing real distress for the owner I suggest they contact me (Rantari) on discord and we can discuss alternative routes for this to go down.
OORP Motivations should never influence the game environment. The moment you let that happen your credibility drops. Your bit about the Xuanming Trade Center is completely wrong as the base is frequented often by Kruger trade ships and other vessels and has been quite active in recent times. A simple look at it's PoB page would show you. While you may enjoy the setups and defenses of sieges, doesn't mean everyone does. The reason people generally don't build PoBs without backing of an arsenal of friends on capital ships in Rheinland is because RHA sieged them all away, and now it's the same treatment in Kusari. Your lack of anything but bare minimum RP shows that BD is rather choosing to be lazy and post siege declarations before attempting any real RP with the base and simply blow it up.

Assuming everything is hostile to you that don't go out of their way to contact you isn't how you get unexpected allies, it's how you make additionally enemies. Don't be the old-RHA of Kusari.
(07-13-2018, 10:43 PM)DarkTails Wrote: [ -> ]OORP Motivations should never influence the game environment. The moment you let that happen your credibility drops. Your bit about the Xuanming Trade Center is completely wrong as the base is frequented often by Kruger trade ships and other vessels and has been quite active in recent times. A simple look at it's PoB page would show you. While you may enjoy the setups and defenses of sieges, doesn't mean everyone does. The reason people generally don't build PoBs without backing of an arsenal of friends on capital ships in Rheinland is because RHA sieged them all away, and now it's the same treatment in Kusari. Your lack of anything but bare minimum RP shows that BD is rather choosing to be lazy and post siege declarations before attempting any real RP with the base and simply blow it up.

Assuming everything is hostile to you that don't go out of their way to contact you isn't how you get unexpected allies, it's how you make additionally enemies. Don't be the old-RHA of Kusari.

You made an assumption there, they aren't talking about Xuanming, they are talking about the other one.
Wouldn't it be in your interest to tax the POB?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28