Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Blood Dragon Feedback page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
(07-13-2018, 10:57 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't it be in your interest to tax the POB?

+1
Hi DarkTails,

OORP motivations are regarding all PoBs not this one. There are/have been lots of PoBs within ZoI that we haven't instantly declared war on to prove that this is not the driving factor to what we are trying to achieve.

I was not actually talking about Xuanming Trade Center, although it is a thorn in our side it does bring people to the system and although it might eventually get sieged it is adding substance to the game environment. I was talking about Shijori (Or something along those lines) I do apologise to the owner if I am mistaken maybe you are just in a different time zone to me.

In regards to us being lazy, I would have to disagree although we do have a veteran place of hardcore RPers in we have tried to keep everything up to a decent standard. many of our RP stories have lasted weeks in order to build depth. I can see what you're saying in with bare minimum RP at this moment but there is an intention for more to be done today and tomorrow to fill out this story. However I will consider putting future attacks on player assets on hold until a larger chunk of RP is done depending on the urgency of the situation.

Finally, it is kind of in the Blood Dragon nature to be suspicious of outsiders given our past regarding the fall from power, why wouldn't we have doubt about discovering hidden installations within our core systems. We have actually made many friends around Kusari employing the same method that we are now so although I can't disagree that you could end up with additional enemies, most people will come to defend a base they have invested time into and just because there is a declaration doesn't mean it will end up dead so that situation could be resolved in space if you had made a complete error with your attack plans.

Thanks for your feedback it helps us grow and become a better faction for the future. If anyone has anything to add to this please message me on this thread as I'm sure others are asking the same questions.
Hi Lythrilux ,

Although taxing PoBs works in theory we have no way of actually backing it up, with the reunified Kusari about to go into full swing it is very likely that our influence over things that are happening in the more central territories will become much harder to enforce. this is all speculation of course and we won't know until the next story update.

This could certainly be on the cards in the future depending on how the Kusari story plays out, would be great if we had an income besides pirating and smuggling so if you have some experience with this and how to implement I'd love to hear it.
Nope, all meaningless, soon RM will be enforcing Rhein laws there. (sun) .

Now to the deal, i would love to jump on the "QQ train" but comparing BD siege to the RHA's ones is iffy to say the least.

To begin with, RHA (and ye, someone pointed old-RHA) isnt same as in past, they are more reasonable. They producing high volume of RP and moving their plans according to it. Some low core pob sieges been done recently but where defenseless pobs that in some cases where between sword and the mace, would end smashed anyway.

The real problem i see with this siege is that basicly theres no RP about, and BD leader reasoning here "we havent been contacted" is, to say the least, poor. He just compared BD to house navy's. Well, those call pob owners plenty of times, offer ways to regularize the pob before even treatening with "pob demolition".

Heck, even RHA in old days offered option "pay or dai" but still.

As leader says RP will follow tho, what we can do is wait and see (and ye, buy BS's and NEMPS just in case Smile money is there... somewhere)

Chill down everyone, sieges are part of game, and while *the siege system should be changed* this blame isnt to be trown on who using system, but on who let system like that for years, despite countless discussions about.
Hi Felipe,

This is my last reply of the night as it is now 1am here Tongue Basically the main issue people seem to be having is the lack of RP around this currently and the reasonings behind the attack. Now the main driving force behind anything Blood Dragons do is to destabilise the Government and regain power. Destroying a base with as far as we know could belong to a long list of hostile factions (to us) in the area is an almost guaranteed way of diminishing the Kusarian citizens view of their current protectors. So even without details posted as of yet there is plenty on behind the scenes reasoning for why this could be in the best interest of what the Blood Dragons are trying to achieve.

Taxing the PoBs was suggested previously and I am happy to take insights into how this is best done, however this would not always serve the Blood Dragon interests so it would have to be done case by case.
While the PoB system might not be perfect in the grand scheme of things it's a very minor part of the game which is easily avoided if you really wanted to however this is probably a topic best left for another thread as it is doubtful we will get many results in here.

As said with the other feedback, I really apricate it and happy to take any further input you might have.

And goodnight Big Grin
(07-14-2018, 01:28 AM)The Blood Dragons Wrote: [ -> ]Basically the main issue people seem to be having is the lack of RP around this currently and the reasonings behind the attack. Now the main driving force behind anything Blood Dragons do is to destabilise the Government and regain power. Destroying a base with as far as we know could belong to a long list of hostile factions (to us) in the area is an almost guaranteed way of diminishing the Kusarian citizens view of their current protectors. So even without details posted as of yet there is plenty on behind the scenes reasoning for why this could be in the best interest of what the Blood Dragons are trying to achieve.
That sounded even worst than at begin... by that logic no engagement lines needed, if im flying [RM] and i see state enemy is obvious ill shoot it.
Also almost every pob siege then would not require any rp, because RHA dont siege Hessian or allied bases, but just enemy ones...

(07-14-2018, 01:28 AM)The Blood Dragons Wrote: [ -> ]Taxing the PoBs was suggested previously and I am happy to take insights into how this is best done, however this would not always serve the Blood Dragon interests so it would have to be done case by case.

Personally i think thats cancer, but after all is up to each one to pay, or make Ku navy ships and defend their bases i guess.

(07-14-2018, 01:28 AM)The Blood Dragons Wrote: [ -> ]While the PoB system might not be perfect in the grand scheme of things it's a very minor part of the game which is easily avoided if you really wanted to however this is probably a topic best left for another thread as it is doubtful we will get many results in here.

Not the pob system, but the siege system, and you very wrong about this part: isnt "very minor part" prety much the opposite. They are vital to economy. Just because *some* ppl assumed factions with dozens of shareds and some others got some leg up, dont exempt common folk, mere mortals to, if want fly that shinie bs w cau8 and bs scanner need trade in game for at least 16hs. And as maybe you know you cant always find miners to mine for you.

Gnight anyway
I mean there's an obvious difference between the two factions you've listed is that although we might consider ourselves the rulers of Kusari we are still outlaws and criminals are bound to act more hostile than houses designed to uphold the law. Also it is worth remembering that this is a base within a core territory and houses one of our four stations we currently have in game (not including Battleship or an untaken planet). When it comes to players we have been known to be very lenient in terms of demands and if we attack them or what not. Many of our inRP friends have come about from said interactions in space.

I agree with you that just taxing everything would be rather annoying for everyone involved so I think this approach would have to be done rather carefully and obviously not be too demanding on the owner of the base. To be fair I hadn't considered the use of PoBs for mining purposes, I guess they could be considered a part of the economy but in general these already exist and it isn't required to build your own one for this reason. In fact as a PoB owner I would say building one for this reason so that you can mine and trade on your own would be fairly inefficient when you consider the upkeep and time required to keep it running. But this last bit is just my personal opinion on the matter and holds no real merit.
I have a honest and justified question. Why people come here to complain about some indie Dragon Cruiser killing four PoBs with minimal RP?
Do you expect Blood Dragons to take responsibility for this case? Not gonna happen.
Just a friendly reminder that not even official factions take responsibility for the actions of so-called indies and whatever dumb steps they take in-game and inRP specifically, and this is understandable. They should not hold any responsibilities for the independent players' actions, and this unwritten rule makes no exceptions, either it is an official or an unofficial faction.

That includes The Blood Dragons.

What is the reason for you, people, loitering around with that heresy and complains barely not supposed to give the faction a constructive feedback but rather to try and put the guilt for blowing up some certain Kepler base - on the faction.
Do you want to put up the guilt on someone and inflict your judgement? Find the person responsible and do this, don't loiter around crying.
Yes, we know who's responsible for all the drama around Tsukihime, there's plenty of people who is, yet, we are not going to disclose the person's name. Think Blood Dragons keep it secret because one of their members comitted the siege of Tsukihime and they are trying to hide the truth?
Wrong again, through some sources i know Blood Dragons are not related to those events in any way.

Honestly - start behaving as mature people already. Want to implement something better? Go on, make up your mind and post a suggestion instead of wasting your time for filling pointless messages with your whining and ego taking over your actions under the affliction of community's opinion.
This is a feedback thread, made for constructive feedback so the faction would improve itself.
What you are doing here is more a destructive influence, it is honestly disgusting to see all you, community members, loitering around and just wasting your breath for pointless accusations instead of doing something truly useful to preserve the healthy climate within the community.
What am i speaking of: keep the drama out. If you have something to say - then say it, but think twice before posting - is it going to be a constructive feedback? Is it going to help the faction to improve? Or is it going to be "just another utter trash post" and it's place is in flood section rather than there?

Pretty much all the declarations have been made in the following manner:
  • You see a modular base.
  • What Core level is it?
  • What is it's location?
  • Is it hostile?
  • Do we have enough force to tear it down?
Then, discovering the base is usually followed by a message dump report or a direct transmission to the faction that, in theory, 'owns' that space to deal with it appropriately. If it's a lawful faction and they find an unregistered base within their ZoI - they might address the base's owner to inquire on his intentions and giving him enough time to respond to the inquiry.
But it does not work that way for the unlawful faction. The owner will see the transmission, however, it is unlikely he will reply to it within the designated time, but, however, will warn the law enforcement - most likely, ooRPly - and in the upcoming hours there will be a whole damn fleet of warships swarming around it, making efforts to kill it just a waste of time as lawful fleets usually imply having a larger playerbase - including the so-called indies.
That fact alone is just making any unlawful faction leader thinking that way: it's not worth a shot to notify the base's owner about the possible upcoming attack as they will rather bring over a ton battleships to protect it rather than RP themselves out of it.

This is unlikely going to change in any near future. Building, maintaining a modular base and, in the end - turning it into something formidable actually takes a lot of effort to put in, and no one in his mind wants those efforts to be gone in vain, so people tend to act considering only one principle: better safe than sorry. And their base is certainly more safe with ten Tokugawa battleships loitering around to protect it.
Then why should he - the owner - even bother RPing if he could just ask local law enforcement nicely to protect it ooRPly?

I am pretty much done here. Enough already to poke your fingers and look for a boy to beat in someone who did not please you in some way. Have some guts to take your time and dig into it, unveiling the truth for yourself, or bring over a community-wide solution that will satisfy everyone and soothen up the situation about the PoBs, their sieges and it's mechanics that will encourage people to try and find RP solutions of their base threatened rather than bringing over an excessive force to just shoot down everything that comes by.
Only by this you might get a more saturated RP around the base sieges and bring unlawful faction leaders to a different conclusion compared to the present one, that it's not worth contacting the base owner and giving him his opportunity to talk himself out of it.
With that state of affairs, it is going to end up in one way only. More meaningless drama and more one-post base attack declarations.

~Best regards,
Hakugei.
Oh hi.

1) It is very clear to the people who helped in Kepler who did this. Any accusations that BD| had theirs hands in this ooRPly are not needed.
2) While I prefer to actually RP around the discovery of a pob before deciding to siege it (that includes in form of an Operative or whatsoever finding out who really owns it. It displays as neutral to BD so I personally would have been more curious.), it is fully within their right to launch and play the siege out the way they do there. Overall PoBs are one of the major sources for issues in this community, the way they work is harmful to Disco and either the rework of PoBs brings considerable change or they should be outright removed. This is a general issue, nothing BD causes here by just "going with the flow".

To the BD Leadership: I am up to assist you with advices in regards of ways to RP around PoBs, while 1-2 posts are fully sufficient for the rules, I know we (actually all here, not just BD) have the potential to do better looking RP.
Hey NieRdackel,

we actually have a few plans on how to proceed already but we do have some more stuff coming up in the future with a much bulkier RP (Already written awaiting posting) However I am always happy to take assistance so feel free to send me your ideas you already have me on discord so just drop me a message and we can have a chat about current and upcoming RP we have planned.

Anyway for now I would like to end this topic of discussion and I urge the community to await the results before judging us unjustly. Obviously if you post is feedback related then continue to post here.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28