Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mining terminated?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings,

I have just a small question... I was " Out " for some time and now, I tryied to mine, butb I was kinda surrised, no minerals dropped more than 1 piece... So I tryed on Scrap metal, what always dropped around 5 or more pieces and nah, only 1 piece again... SO the drops were already changed to kill the mining?

Thanks for answers, Elvin
It's some funny thing with the new flhook I think. There are a few threads on the matter already, I believe Vero is looking into it.
Its just, I always liked RPing a miner... not much money but I liked it... But now... 100 Scrap meatl takes like half hour to collect... not possible to mine anymore.
me too, yesterday i started a RP diamond miner but the asteroids only drops 1 piece of diamond
You mean to tell me the 522nd can't mine Military Vehicles in the 100's from that place in the Tau's anymore?

Oh wait we never did that...

Probably be fixed soon...

Meanwhile Novakiller I like that RP...
Well, everyone was talking about making mining more compareable with trading. ... That will be it I guess, Killing all remaining miners will be more simple than upgrading the whole system:D
Oh dear, Elvin, we're going to have to compete for rights to use the name Rimmer now.

I'll be Ace, you be Arnold? :P
Haha, yeah Im pure Arnold, I can asure you:P
One suggestion I made to fix this (since it's a problem with an FLhook anti cheat plugin which will not be removed) was to change the way mining-type items work in 4.85 when the economy is re-balanced.

Remove all mining-obtained goods from all stations and planets. This includes everything like scrap metal, diamonds, niobium, silver, copper, etc.

Then, make the buying prices for these items anywhere from 10-20x more than they are now, and make the buying prices similar on all stations that buy them. For example, the diamond mining facility in dresden owned by Kruger Minerals would buy diamonds mined in dresden for something like 10,000 credits each, Bornholme depot and all other junker stations would buy scrap metal for 10,000 credits each, the prices would be the same everywhere in sirius - meaning you could profitably mine in any area you wanted to, while not making quite as much as a trader but having more fun in the process.

Even if the stations still sold these items, they would all have exactly the same price. You'd buy scrap metal for 10,000 credits a unit on any place in sirius, and could not sell it anywhere for a profit - but you could mine it at any scrap field for 1 unit per 'can' shot and make 10,000 credits per unit from it at any junker station.

This would limit trading and commerce to more 'finished' materials. Instead of hauling boron, you'd be hauling starship hull panels (which are made from boron, I think). Traders would no longer deal in 'raw' materials like metals, ores, gems, etc. - but would deal in the objects which are -made- from those raw materials. Hull panels, military vehicles, light arms, engine components, etc.

Raw materials which cannot be mined could still be part of trading routes - things like h-fuel, deuterium, food, etc.
I think that what Tenacity says would be cool... 1. More realistick - Traders are running around with raw minerals, altough noones mining them at all 2. It wont be 97% Traders 3% Miners, if mining will be profitable as well... Well simply it would be fine...Till now Mining was just "Not very profitable" ...now it is "Not possible" since the drops 1 pieces are way too low. Somethin like you said would be best solution and hopefully its possible to make.
Pages: 1 2