Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gunboat questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking of getting a GB for my merc IG-88 but im in a bit of a pickle im not sure which one to get. Ive been thinking of putting maybe 2 nomad turrets and generic or corsair GB turrets. im also not complety sure which GB to get. and i dont want a corsair GB which gbs are good?
it depends on what faction you favour - even as a generic merc. - if you fly a corsair GB, you are much on the side of the corsairs - and hardly considered a lawful merc or even one that can work for the outcasts.

a nice "neutral" GB is the IMG gunboat. - when you purchase any house military gunboat, you re bound to the lawful side. - and its hard to say whats best or worst, as they are very different from each other.
You shoudlnt relly on that Nomad+Corsair turrents... it limits you a lot. Start with choosing "side"...then you can think about ship and loadout..But everything was said byJinx.
I would say, Orca, with, 1 cerb, 1 missile, and 4 regulars.

the fwd gun may have a bad angle, but its alright once you get used to it.
well if i use the orca the harvesters might think im a BH ..heh ..and its a lawful ship i tend to do some unlawful and lawful things on my merc
how about a rogue gunboat then? - its supposed to be quite cheap i guess - and its a very nice ship, too.
Im guessing using a orca putting civil and nomad weapons on it and doing unlawful things such as hunting bounty hunters would be a bad idea?
Well, I think you need to give us more background to what exactly your Merc is. If you want a neutralesque Gunboat, then the IMG Gunboat or Kusari Explorer might be the best bet. Otherwise, it is kind of dependent on what you're doing.
' Wrote:Well, I think you need to give us more background to what exactly your Merc is. If you want a neutralesque Gunboat, then the IMG Gunboat or Kusari Explorer might be the best bet. Otherwise, it is kind of dependent on what you're doing.

isnt the kusari Explorer a KNF vessel? if it isnt i might switch to that depending on how different it is to the img gb. O and i do a mix of both i guess due to the fact that liberty hates outcasts i help them kill them and i protect the harvesters. Im also trying to get on the corsairs good side.
The Kusari Explorer is no longer a KNF ship. It's used occasionally by the KNF, and extensively by the GMG, but is rather old and outdated, and it probably wouldn't be too hard to purchase one off the GMG.