Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Marsflyer stem guns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi, I've seen the marsflyer guns and one of them is interesting me, the marsflyer stem gun 1. High projectile speed, refire, global damages, very high energy consumption but a bomber can handle it.

But RP side, can a praetorian use the marflyer guns ? It could be some alien prototype the order made (We get it from the battleship isis). I don't know really.
I think it would be scary... Marsflyer have VEYR limited use...as well as its guns...
since i fly with 4 of them, i think not ooRP ( well, naturally ) - its a ship sold on an order base and i stripped its guns for kicks.... i like them, but as a zoner, i hardly use them anyway. so / shrug

for me, its like an order experimental gun. - but really, i have only experimenting with guns when i equipped them.

back then, we had contrainer transports with 12 of the turrets ( naturally, before they were nerft ) - they are funny and of course pretty nice, but only a bomber can use them really as they drink too much energy.

edit: the whole ship is an oddity - but since its sold on isis, it can be considered an order ship, or maybe a failed order ship - so i d say, mount them as much as you like, they are really neat.... if you pay for it
Anyone should be able to use marsflyer equipment, the ship description isn't tied to any one faction I don't think.
The problem with the Marsflyer is that it is no where near Freelancerish. Instead, it is a really, really big import, meaning that it might be OoRP for, well, absolutely everyone....
We could actually put a generic UFO instead of the marsflyer, that it wouldnt be much worse. Maybe better in fact...
Interestingly, the Marsflyer guns are invisible. Now, if only they were class 9, then they could be used with the Nomad Light Fighter sold in Kappa.

I've tried out the guns in my private server on a bomber. They still manage to drain the bomber's power, but sort of make up for it with their insane projectile speed (1400, or something like that.)
Since i'm incredibly bored, and now also quite curious, i would like to request the full stats and a screenshot of the effect the gun has. Concider it the oddball request of the day. Heh.
Ok. I've been flying the marsflyer frequently as of late. And the power drain on them is insane. So if you buy a marsflyer (with a good RP reason) sell them for good profit and equip with something else!

Now as for the Flier being an order ship. If you read the information on it; it has no specific ties to one faction or the other it's a (ooRP) ship that has VERY limited uses. VERY! And I think I read somewhere that it was going to be converted into a Harvester VHF or SHF. Mainly because it has the turning capabilities of a Thor bomber.

And I don't' think the equipment is meant to be used on any other ship, just for the simple fact that they are specifically titled: "Marsflyer Stem Gun #" and "Marsflyer Side Turret". I don't see many/any weapons out there that say "Saber Kraken 2" or "Starflier Justice Mk I". Ya know? Which would mean only people who fly the Marsflyer can use the weapons. (If their stupid)

And the flyer has MANY RP capabilities for those who care enough to make up a decent RP for one.

But to answer the question, No. I HIGHLY doubt it would be in roleplay to use a weapon that says it's specifically for a Marsflyer, on anything else.

=]

' Wrote:Since i'm incredibly bored, and now also quite curious, i would like to request the full stats and a screenshot of the effect the gun has. Concider it the oddball request of the day. Heh.

I don't have any screenshots, but lets compare it to a saber loaded up with nothing but wild fire chain guns.

Multiply that by 10 and you have the effect.

It's VERY high rate of fire, but you can only shoot for about...5 seconds MAX, before you run out of energy.
Not good enough! Give stats NAU! :P

Seriously, i'm bloody curious now.
Pages: 1 2 3