Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Notice to players in Liberty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok folks,

As we all know, Indies can be problematic. OORP indies are less common nowadays however. BUT a lot of them, still plainly Overkill other players with their caps (ex: BS vs. Lone fighter).

Now, the point, I want all those Over killing behavior to be sent to me in private. Any player (lawful) using a more than acceptable/tolerable force to exterminate an opponent will be dealt with accordingly (ban, ultimatum, KOS, fine, simple peaceful talk, etc). Although, some conditions applies.

A player shall be reported to me for Overkilling if:
  • -the player engage a victim fighter with a capital ship (Cruiser and higher only)
  • -the player engage a victim bomber with a capital ship (BattleCruisers and higher only)
  • -(linked with the two precedent options) the player engage a pirate that was not even bothering him.
A player shall not be reported to me for overkilling if:
  • -the victim tried to engage the capital ship and got killed
  • -the victim was part of a raiding party, whatever its size
  • -the victim decided to fight enemies near the player (7.5k and less)
Overkilling kills everyone's fun.
It kills the victim fun, since he didn't has a good and fair fight.
It kills the faction players fun, since they get all the trash for it.
The only one who gets the fun out of it is the violator itself

Overkillers will only be dealt with after a second report. Judgement will vary depending on the case.

For factionnized players overkilling, please contact their faction leaders privately.

Players writing more than 2 reports per week will be ignored.

PS: Proof will be needed, Reports without any visual proof will be ignored
I support this although it always works both ways, as you know I disrupt Liberty in my Xeno as much as I defend it in my LSF, honour is non existant for many players on both sides of the lawful/unlawful divide.
This went seriously off-track, and so I have been asked to clean the topic up. Basically, after the first post it pretty much went offtrack. Anyway, keep it on track or i'll clean it up again.
' Wrote:I support this although it always works both ways, as you know I disrupt Liberty in my Xeno as much as I defend it in my LSF, honour is non existant for many players on both sides of the lawful/unlawful divide.

And both sides of the Faction/Indie divide

I find it less than conducive to good discussion on overkill, which the factions do as much as indies do, when to topic starts with Indie bashing.
bah....whenever i pass liberty in my pirate char there's bound to shine a shiny battlecruiser breathing down my neck. Im independent and harmless and have a clean record in all 4 House Systems. (ill keep it that way in case those captains grow a brain)

anyway ill report as soon as i get overkilled, up until now i always managed to flee into an asteroid field.

Thank you for showing sympathy for the weak and innocent.
I don't see the problem with the navy bringing in superior force to defend their homeland. If I was a citizen of liberty I would want to see battleships flying around, it would make me feel safe.

Now as a Junker thats different story...
Junker NPC's travel in groups, right?

If you are in a cap ship and see a valid RP target, it's a valid RP target no matter what he's flying.

There are very few fair fights on the server, 9 times out of 10 you know who is going to win by the ships and equipment. It strikes me as pretty oppressive of a faction to try to stop independents from ever having an upper hand in pvp with threats of bans and such, when the factions almost never engage without the upper hand anyway.
Tell me of one military, navy, airforce or whatever that:

A) Would ALLOW independent, unregistered craft/soldiers/vehicles/ships within their territory.

B) Would allow them to become more powerful than the lawful, official presence.

C) Wouldn't ban/exile/dissolve a group that's powerful enough to overthrow them and take over.

And thusly, Akuma, your point is invalid.
And we are back to the faction bashing from Akuma. Even after an admin post.

But i will point out the fact that factions, LN and LR and XA.... are usually in fighters when we meet. Usually. It is infact indies, independent pilots that swarm around us with caps. On both sides. So, we have factions with fighters being swarmed by indies in caps.

And that is why your posts are infact invalid Akuma.
Now, can you please stop spreading your antifaction propaganda, and say something useful?
' Wrote:Tell me of one military, navy, airforce or whatever that:

A) Would ALLOW independent, unregistered craft/soldiers/vehicles/ships within their territory.

B) Would allow them to become more powerful than the lawful, official presence.

C) Wouldn't ban/exile/dissolve a group that's powerful enough to overthrow them and take over.

And thusly, Akuma, your point is invalid.

Um, if you try to think logically about your three points, if say liberty had the ability to eliminate it's enemies it would have already done so, and there would be no LR disrupting trade lane in liberty space.

Your points ignore the fact that the liberty fleets can't be everywhere at once, therefore you make no sense.

' Wrote:And we are back to the faction bashing from Akuma. Even after an admin post.

But i will point out the fact that factions, LN and LR and XA.... are usually in fighters when we meet. Usually. It is infact indies, independent pilots that swarm around us with caps. On both sides. So, we have factions with fighters being swarmed by indies in caps.

And that is why your posts are infact invalid Akuma.
Now, can you please stop spreading your antifaction propaganda, and say something useful?

My points are quite valid. Do I need to post the screenies of the LR engaging a single indy who is not in a cap ship with 5 against 1 again?

It's the factions that do this overkill pvp whoring constantly that drives indies into cap ships.

Also it's interesting that factions call my points antifaction propaganda when this whole topic was obviously started just to bash indies, that's why it starts with a dig against indies as the very first line.
Pages: 1 2