Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Level Requirements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What i'm talking about here is the rule that we're supposed to "ignore" anyone who is under level 40.

I think we should change it, drop it down to 30 at least. There are a lot of players who abuse this rule, because you can still own top-end fighters and equipment while remaining underlevel if you balance your funds carefully.

Today I encountered a level 36 bounty hunter in omega 15, who was attacking Junker NPCs in the area. Now, all I could do was warn him to leave, but there is no way I could enforce it - I cant even fire warning shots at him without being sanctioned as far as I know. Four levels from the cap, still using a civilian ID, and avoiding roleplay because of it.

Another issue is that, while the server's posted rules say you cant shoot at anyone under 40 with a civ ID - the messages that pop up while playing on the server state that the level is 30 (or used to, they may have been recently changed but I havent noticed).

So, really, the most I can do at this point is wait for this guy to slaughter enough of my NPC's to hit level 40, and then blast him - or place a bounty on him that only starts once he reaches 40 (though that's a problem since he was quite apparently aiming for a bounty hunter character, he was flying a hammerhead).

It is level 30... at least last i checked it was. Also, if a player is not using civ id, he is free game.
' Wrote:5.3 Attacking characters of level 29 and below is prohibited. Characters under level 30 cannot be attacked by players of any level, except if they have non-Civilian ID onboard, and except cases of self-defense.
Here is the rule - give 'em hell
You have to lose the civ ID by 40 but can be attacked once you hit 30.
dang, i thought it was 40...

I could have blowed him up good! dammit >.<

Well it wont happen next time... you attack junkers you get dead =P
Honestly, I think you should be forced to dump the civilian ID at the same level that you become fair game for PvP. Either the maximum level for a civvie ID should be lowered to 30, or the minimum level for PvP should be raised to 40. Or we could compromise and move both requirements to 35. Doing this could cut down on a lot of confusion about the rules here.

Opinions?

The most annoying thing i have come across is a guy in a SCV, level 24, fly into alpha, go for the Hispania, raid it, upon warning to get away from the wreck with the dark blossom in it, he simply answers that he cannot be hurt since hes underlevel ''LOL'' .....i dont care if ill get sanctioned but ill cap anyone who does that...
I agree about the same level to lose civy and to be a target. It makes more sense than the 30/40 level split.

Wreck drops should be eliminated to stop the wreck camping, the one shot wreck harvesters, and the resellers. Codes should either be eliminated or made availible for sale.

Wreck drops only give the harvesters a reason to try to crash the server, and you can make a CSV wreck harvester underlevel ofr 200k and make several mill back on it wreck camping, it's crap.
I think you need to go through and replace "harvesters" with something else in your post akumabito... it's easy to think you're talking about the actual harvester faction, not people who are harvesting wrecks like that.

I do not think wrecks should be elminated though - it adds more "flavor" to junkers 'salvaging' derelict ships. We could probably do without all the codes, but having more valuable cargo from wrecks would be nice.

' Wrote:I think you need to go through and replace "harvesters" with something else in your post akumabito... it's easy to think you're talking about the actual harvester faction, not people who are harvesting wrecks like that.

I do not think wrecks should be elminated though - it adds more "flavor" to junkers 'salvaging' derelict ships. We could probably do without all the codes, but having more valuable cargo from wrecks would be nice.

There is no need to make things complex..simply change the respawn time from 24h to say..three months..Codenames are the elite guns of the factions so i dont see why every 42lvl newbie near Manhattan should have three thor hammers.

OR...just show that the codes are NOT the best weapons in the game...i mean a dark blossom is still shait compared to a Kraken mk II mathematicly even if it has a bigger projectile.
Pages: 1 2