Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Star Citizen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just checked out the website again after along break of not paying much attention and watched the home screen video. Chris said "in august 2013 we'll release the hanger mod so you can walk around and in December we'll release the dog fighting module so you can do a deathmatch match making kind of thing with friends and AI in space"

Did they keep to their deadlines and these features are out and available?
(06-20-2014, 11:18 AM)Red Wrote: [ -> ]I just checked out the website again after along break of not paying much attention and watched the home screen video. Chris said "in august 2013 we'll release the hanger mod so you can walk around and in December we'll release the dog fighting module so you can do a deathmatch match making kind of thing with friends and AI in space"

Did they keep to their deadlines and these features are out and available?

They are out but it didn't release in December, a little later but still it released check Arena Command <- that's the dogfighting thing, also Star Citizen now has Mouse Flight like Freelancer Big Grin only difference is in 3rd Person view you have no Hud so it's harder to fight, but still in Cockpit view you have mouse flight too. Having mouse flight in generic is just awesome it's getting more Freelancer-ish Big Grin

Also as some reviewers already said, the game is based around your character not around your Ship, so you can think of it like Mass Effect in moving around with guns but you're able to actually enter ships and fly them yourself. Also there is going to be infantry missions on Planets where you'll be moving with your Person and you know like Mass Effect planetary missions, I'm realy looking forward to this.

So what does this mean for Freelancer? You'll finaly be able to play as trent as a person entering your ship on your own haha.

So what does this mean for Discovery? Definitly a true and huge RP element. Like you can finaly board ships and not just you know RP as "Boarding your ship, infantry arrest the commander!" , You'll be actually able to enter ships and sneak in doing stuff.

There is already a Freelancer mod planned for Star Citizen http://www.moddb.com/mods/freelancer-unity

You can finaly enter a Starflier yourself 8|