Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Yet another crazy idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I think that current codehunting is quite boring.

What if codenames will be part of some rare NPC loadouts? So, first you'll have to find that NPC, then be lucky enought to receive that gun as prize. Ofc, that NPCs shouldn't be common or spawn around house capital planets.
People sitting in their own guard systems, shooting their own NPCs to farm codes, because the ID resets the rep anyway.
(06-24-2014, 01:36 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]People sitting in their own guard systems, shooting their own NPCs to farm codes, because the ID resets the rep anyway.

Isn't that how you practice anyway?
:|

No.
Quote:People sitting in their own guard systems, shooting their own NPCs to farm codes, because the ID resets the rep anyway.

Why those NPCs should be guard ones? I was thinking about freelancers.
Good idea, but probably hard to code for devs...
The concept is good, but is it possible (??) .. Randomly having NPCs with codes and that too with a considerable delay in their spawn rate (??) !! .. ?
Not bad, but such NPCs would have to be cau8 high AI caps, otherwise everybody could just grab gb and farm snub NPC codes all day long.
Doesn't make much sense. House military, at least your rank and file navy and police? Imo they should -only- be using faction guns. Even special forces like the LSF, it seems silly to have them running around with PROTOTYPE equipment. I would rather see their production-line equipment simply be a cut above what other, lesser groups can make, and have them use that. Leave the prototype tech in the hands of...well... exactly the sort you're suggesting they should drop from.

Even for non-regulated forces like pirates and revolutionaries... I mean really? We've got this system in place that says even if you did manage to snatch that [enemy]'s fancy gun after he exploded, you can't use it because it's incompatible with your ship, or your powercore, or your faction's ability to maintain it, or whatever. But codenames are exactly that - strange, foreign technology you found, or in this case ripped from some poor freelancer, but for some reason you can slap it on your [whatever] and it works perfectly.

I just don't think codenames and technerf are compatible concepts.
Hmm...I like this idea. I would buff the AI of the Freelancers, and make them roam around in badass ships like the Raven's Talon, with Purple Goddess or Heavy Flashpoints for the class 8 guns, and class 9 Codes for the other slots.
In the Omicrons, fighting around Order or Bounty Hunters, popping them in an instant, having an AU 8 or w/e, with Nukes and a Missile slot.

Of course, I feel like making these guys, also with a rare spawn, would be hard as hell for the devs. I like the idea though.
Pages: 1 2