Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: DELETE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DELETE
I like your idea, but I like the idea that you can RP a codehunter even more.
The root cause of this is, "one ship can theoretically loot a wreck just once". If that is changed perhaps, people will use normal, higher ranked ships to hunt codenames, which will yet again, lead to RP encounters.

That is one way, how you can RP as a codehunter. Right now, the mechanism is as absurd, like, I have had several encounters in my normal ships

A FL ID ship was carrying codes, and when I tried to pirate him, he docked in Bastia while I was hitting him (I was a OC ID ship) and then started sending insulting PMs to me.

And another time, I logged in my FL ID Touketsu and some guy who was in that system, started trolling me in private chat for no reason. Then I came to know that, he did that just because he got that codename before me >_<

Other encounters include same ID ships killing me for codes (imo, I dont even report them just becuase, I consider code hunting to be OORP, but found myself reported for that later)
Entirely agreeing with Snake. Just have most of the CODENAMES as a weapon dealer items in some stations. And good CODENAMES can be kept in some high radiation, Gas pocket areas and in a system, not close to any /restart space.
(06-24-2014, 02:21 PM)Moriarty. Wrote: [ -> ]The root cause of this is, "one ship can theoretically loot a wreck just once". If that is changed perhaps, people will use normal, higher ranked ships to hunt codenames, which will yet again, lead to RP encounters.

That is one way, how you can RP as a codehunter. Right now, the mechanism is as absurd, like, I have had several encounters in my normal ships

A FL ID ship was carrying codes, and when I tried to pirate him, he docked in Bastia while I was hitting him (I was a OC ID ship) and then started sending insulting PMs to me.

And another time, I logged in my FL ID Touketsu and some guy who was in that system, started trolling me in private chat for no reason. Then I came to know that, he did that just because he got that codename before me >_<

Other encounters include same ID ships killing me for codes (imo, I dont even report them just becuase, I consider code hunting to be OORP, but found myself reported for that later)

Vanilla Freelancer only allowed certain loots to be dropped based on ship level. As an example, you could only get Nomad Cannons and Blasters drops from Nomads in Gammu if you were level 32. Perhaps that can be done for wrecks, only allowing level 45 ships or so to loot for guns, while only allowing each wreck to be looted once?
DELETE
(06-24-2014, 04:43 PM)Snak3 Wrote: [ -> ]/drawcash
Loots
/givecash

There are ways to make a point that do not make you sound like a dork. Regardless, I'm pretty sure it would decrease the heat on Codenames since some people could not be bothered to do this on a daily basis, would they? That, and the fact it would take a few seconds more mean well prepared Freelancers and whatnot have a better chance at getting codes.
I disagree, I don't think codehunting is a problem for server game play.

Even if it is an oorp activity (I do rp my hunting ships whenever I meet anyone - which isn't common), it's generally restricted to a very small time frame and very specific locations. Codehunters aren't going to be disturbing anyone's roleplay immersion by one quick trip to a remote location.

Also, I like the idea of accumulating something valuable without grinding money for it. Code hunting allows people to get fancy stuff without investment of cash, but instead with quick route planning and preparation.

Which brings me to this. It's FUN to hunt codes (at least to me), it's an enjoyable activity. I like the anticipation, "is it going to be there?". And the silent understanding when you meet another hunter: "well, looks like you beat me here today".
You call those that wait for the restart to hunt "moneymakers", but it's not all about that.
I don't have a code shop and I don't hunt primarily to sell, but because I like it.

I'm glad they added a handful of codes to NPC bases (although only two of them are any good), but hunting is something that should remain part of the game. Nobody's forcing you to do it if you don't like it.