Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A small idea.

» Create Faction Ship-line
  • • Each faction should have a special ship-line that comes with a hefty price tag. (Depends on ship)
    • The ship-line should include a special skin.
    • The ships will have a small boost in a category
    example: Bigger power core, Extra CM or CD larger Cargo hold in exchange of a penalty.
    • The special ships cant use just any Armor upgrade either. They will need special armors. Special plating.
    • Example: A Special Ops LN Bomber. The bomber will lose all his Weapons except Torpedo's but will gain +1 torpedo slot. Meaning 3 Torp Slots in total. The bomber would also have a slight higher cargo hold for longer Cloaking capacity. The bomber will also have a camouflage skin. and the price you say well let me tell you the price. 100mil. Yes! 100mil. Why? Well its a Special Ops Bomber.
It would just become the new normal unless you add more restrictions.

Further, it would become an extra hurdle for new players. Experienced vets who already have billions will just go 'eh? a few hundred million? Nbd, I can make that in an hour or two.'

Whereas newbies, whom don't have that kind of cash and don't have the experience necessary to make that kind of cash/time, will struggle because the existing affordable ships are no longer competitive.
(06-25-2014, 10:30 PM)Trogdor Wrote: [ -> ]It would just become the new normal unless you add more restrictions.

Further, it would become an extra hurdle for new players. Experienced vets who already have billions will just go 'eh? a few hundred million? Nbd, I can make that in an hour or two.'

Whereas newbies, whom don't have that kind of cash and don't have the experience necessary to make that kind of cash/time, will struggle because the existing affordable ships are no longer competitive.

Of course there would be more restrictions but this is just a small idea.

Yeah a Special Ops Dread wont be just a couple millions. Plus the special armor.

More like a couple billion. Point is we need more money sinks you know?
(06-25-2014, 10:02 PM)[FC]Flox Wrote: [ -> ]special ship-line
special skin
special ships
special armors
Special plating
Special Ops

I see what you did there.

The problem about 'special' things is their exclusivity. Make something special and everyone wants it. Once everyone has it, it's not special anymore.

Result; people don't want special things.
Generally, I'm all for any shipline, especially fighter ones, to include slightly more powerfull gear for very much more credits. A kind of pricetagging that is an option and not a must for any player new and old, to consider if this small buff in power is worth the credits to him or not. Question of keeping even old players trading and not only the new ones.
(06-25-2014, 11:07 PM)Narcotic Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2014, 10:02 PM)[FC]Flox Wrote: [ -> ]special ship-line
special skin
special ships
special armors
Special plating
Special Ops

I see what you did there.

The problem about 'special' things is their exclusivity. Make something special and everyone wants it. Once everyone has it, it's not special anymore.

Result; people don't want special things.

People dont want special things??? Come on narc.
Btw I didnt mean special as, one of one of a kind but mearly a different shipline. Basically expanding the shipline but without creating completely different ships.
New players always want the most powerful ship out there and also to look great.
Same with the armor. Its not special just different plating pretty much UAU VIII V.2. The plating is to keep the ship together since the reactor is much bigger or it needs more plating in order to withstand the weaponry.
Also the skin is in order to keep things a bit more personalized. Without adding skins to all ships. Only certain ones.

Pretty much just expanding the shipline.