Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Official vs unofficial factions...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

EDIT: OK i wont bother
' Wrote:Official factions can:
-buy a system
-have a recruitment post in the official "faction recruitment" section
-have a post in the "faction status" section on the forums, with rosters/faction rules/faction information
-post a message dump, in the official "message dumps" section of the roleplaying hub
However, they must:
-pay 500 million credits for a proposal
-get approved by the admins
-be active
and all members of a faction can be warned/sanctioned for bad behaviour by one/more members.

Unofficial factions don't require a faction proposal, though it's nice for the information about said faction being public for comments/criticism. They don't need to pay money to be approved, nor do they need admin approval before starting up. They can't buy systems nor can they recruit in the official section. They can however have recruitment posts and message dumps in other forum sections.

You should also note, for archiving purposes and the like, that official factions and faction requests currently in process that were put forth or made before a certain date were not required to pay 500 million.

There's really not much difference. People may respect you more if you're in an official faction but that's on an individual basis and not generally.
500 mill isn't that much anyway, a system should cost 10 times that imho.
' Wrote:500 mill isn't that much anyway, a system should cost 10 times that imho.

*Shakes head.*

No.

Simply put, it'll mean that those who already have a system will be perfectly fine and those who want to get one will be adversely affected.
I think the additional fees for posting a proposal should apply to the official factions (who were created before the rule change), from a fairness point of view. 500 million is only a few days trading for a faction.

Jpo, I hope we/I have given you some useful information.
' Wrote:I think the additional fees for posting a proposal should apply to the official factions now, from a fairness point of view. 500 million is only a few days trading for a faction.

:mellow:

(You have no idea how shocked I am at this point in time.)
yes yes ive decided to join an NPC faction b/c they bicker less.

totally j/k, I obtained the master list of ships.pdf allowed for the factions and I think I have it down pat.

Thank you for the input. It gets confusing sometimes.
' Wrote:*Shakes head.*

No.

Simply put, it'll mean that those who already have a system will be perfectly fine and those who want to get one will be adversely affected.

Perhaps, but the rule should also be if a faction loses the leader it is officially disbanded and treated as a new faction proposal with whoever assumes command.

Also the player requirements need to be monitored, official factions who are never around should be disbanded as well.

Let me just make a quick statement...if you are troubled that you are forced to join a faction...that they use their ZOI for pvp whore...that you do not wish to obey the RP world out there...then tell me this..why don't you simply go to a different server...there is maybe 3 out of 60 people feeling this way but that is no reason for the majority of the server to simply change.

Dont like it, go elsewhere.

Wont bother to post here again.

' Wrote:Perhaps, but the rule should also be if a faction loses the leader it is officially disbanded and treated as a new faction proposal with whoever assumes command.

Also the player requirements need to be monitored, official factions who are never around should be disbanded as well.

Also, do not forget that admins are only people..they cannot monitor all people who join or leave that or that faction. And every faction has or should have a second in command to save the group if something happens.
Pages: 1 2 3