Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Autobuy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is the "autobuy" command ever likely to come back to us pilots any time soon??

I think it should.

All those in favour, take the poll!!

I : Yes
2: No

P.S.... Could Admin move this post to "Discovery Mod General Discussion" please???
posted here by mistake.... Thanks
God, yes.
Why was it even removed in the first place?
(06-27-2014, 05:09 AM)Protégé Wrote: [ -> ]God, yes.

Because it didn't work with the altered ammo amounts.
(06-27-2014, 05:09 AM)Protégé Wrote: [ -> ]God, yes.

It was removed coz it interfered with some of the new plugins that were introduced but now they've been fixed!!
It was a beneficial command. Helped me most of the times. Hope they add it back.
As far as I know, it is off because people can abuse it, by setting nanobot/battery price to like 500 000 in a Player Owned Base, an unsuspecting player docks with autobuy on, and he/she inadvertently spends millions on just bots and bats, and the base is set so you cannot sell them back. The owner makes profit, and you can do nothing about these. Maybe this could be reported as "Harmful behaviour to server", but that is a plus work for Admins.
(06-27-2014, 08:16 AM)Ponge Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know, it is off because people can abuse it, by setting nanobot/battery price to like 500 000 in a Player Owned Base, an unsuspecting player docks with autobuy on, and he/she inadvertently spends millions on just bots and bats, and the base is set so you cannot sell them back. The owner makes profit, and you can do nothing about these. Maybe this could be reported as "Harmful behaviour to server", but that is a plus work for Admins.

That is bad, if it really works this way, but without autobuy, I constantly keep taking off without b/b or any ammo refilling xD and it's anoying then you realize after half an hour that the ship is more or less empty Tongue
Afaik the reason Autobuy is gone is exactly what Ponge said.
[Image: wXFCjME.png]
Not because of what Ponge said. As far as I remember autobuy worked perfectly when bases were implemented. And autobuy command didn't work on player bases.

Example:

Whenever I docked on NPC stations, nanos/bats would get auto bought, and when docked on player base nothing would happen.
Pages: 1 2