Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Suggestions and Ideas.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tier 2 Equipment and Ships.

Tier 2 equipment and ships is next generation equipment. Equipment that has a small buff but can be the difference in a battle. Those who wish to have the small buff will have to pay the price. Tier 2 equipment is relatively very expensive. Tier 2 ships will have a ridiculous price tag next to it. Like i stated before it may be a small buff but it can make a difference in battle and those who wish to have a bigger advantage will pay the price. While having a Tier 2 ship does mean you will have a slight buff, it does not mean a guarantee win in battle. What makes this game great is that you get to control your ship and isn't just a point and click and the n let the computer do all the calculations. Experience and practice will help you win in battle but having this small buff will increase your chances of winning but not guaranteed.
This Tier 2 idea will bring in new ships without having to create completely new ones. These Tier 2 ships will have a new skin and different buffs that come with penalties as well.

» Tier 2 Ships

• • Tier 2 ships should have a different skins.
    • The ships will have a small boost in a category
    example: Bigger power core, Extra CM or CD larger Cargo hold in exchange of a penalty.
    • The special ships cant use just any Armor upgrade either, the Tier 2 ships will need a Tier 2 Armor Plating that can support the extra heating, fire power, and structural efficiency.
    • Example: A Special Ops LN Bomber. The bomber will lose all his Weapons except Torpedo's but will gain +1 torpedo slot. Meaning 3 Torp Slots in total. The bomber would also have a slight higher cargo hold for longer Cloaking capacity. The bomber will also have a camouflage skin and the price you say well let me tell you the price. 100mil. Yes! 100mil. Why? Well its a Special Ops Bomber. And the 100mil does not include the Tier2 Armor that it needs.

» Tier 2 equipment

• • This equipment just like the ships will have a slight buff but will come with a huge price tag as well.
    • The equipment will be more fragile, so being targeted in battle will be easier. A price has to be paid in order to have better equipment.
    • Example: Tier 2 Armor Upgrade. There wont be "16" T2 armor upgrades, there would only be T2 Fighter/Bomber AU, T2 GB AU, and T2 Capital AU. (T2 Transport AU could be a possibility)
    • The price for T2 AU's you say? Well i cant say, you'll have to keep reading to know why.

Destructible Armor (ooooh scary)

I've always had the idea of ships when destroyed, well to be gone forever. Yes, when you die its gone. That's it. Whichever house or Faction your in, they will provide a standard vessel upon your destruction a cheap flimsy one. If you have enough credits well you just buy another one. Its just better immersion. But no one wants that. No one wants to lose a 1.5bil Dread with Cap 8 and BS Scanner. I get that, so how about this instead. In whatever ship your in and you have an armor upgrade, upon death you will lose the armor forever. Yes you heard that, your armor will be gone forever. When you re spawn back in a base or planet your armor will be gone. Since the armor is destructible the price for the Armor Upgrades will be slightly cheaper but not a total knock down in price. The point of this is to be a money sink and bring a bit more of immersion.

Power Cores

OK, Power Cores. You may be asking what the power core is for. Well i think we need more destructiveness and more money sinks. Well here's another idea. Power Cores can have several categories. There purpose of them is to be a money sink for those who way have more credits than others. This is how it works.
These power cores power the ship but are destructible upon destruction. When you die you will re spawn back with a standard Power Core for free. The free standard power core only provides enough energy for movement and CM Droppers. In order to be able to use your weapons you will need to buy an upgraded one. Every type of ship will need a different power cores. lets say Cap
Power Cores. There could be 4 types of Power Cores. Basic Cap Power core that only lets you use lets say 40% of a Defined Max Power Core for that ship while an Improved Cap Power Core lets you use 75%, a Premium Cap Power Core will let you use 100%, and an Elite Cap Power Core(This will need to be way over priced) will let you use 110%.

Yeah there is a lot of room for discussion.
what do you guys think?
I think these are bad ideas for all of the same reasons they were bad ideas the first time you suggested them.

Who's going to want to pay many millions or billions of credits to buy/maintain ships that are only slightly better than what we already have?

And if you make them significantly better, they just become the new normal, and the have's will be able to field them while the newbs will struggle to compete.
I would like to see very inexpensive, but destructable ships instead.
Like a dread you buy for 50mil which gets starflyered if it dies.
That would make dueling in Conn kind of expensive.

Also we typically don't consider ships losing fights to be 'canon', and so having a Navy CO floating around in a starflea would be kind of OORP.
No, I mean alternative to the ones we currently have.
It is like...hey, there's an event coming on and I wish I had something to join with.

Oh cool, I can "restart'' a VHF/Bomber for 5 million credits and join the fun for one battle, if I have no interest in the character after that anyway.
I am pretty sure that they can set up a restart with a any ship package you want. What Sindroms said is totally possible.
Indeed.
All it needs now that instead of not allowing to restart a character that has more than 1 mil on it, you assign certain cost requirements instead for different restarts.

You make a character, plant X money on it, restart it into a ship of your choice, slap an inexpensive armor on it and go join the fun. Once you die, the restart is triggered again and you end up as one of the restarts, losing the ship and whatever was on it.
Regardless of how much suck the broken armour one would bring, I support it entirely. Word for word. As stated people suggested hardcore delete the ship upon death, but that's too far. Breaking the armour will be costly, but not to the point where people quit playing. The only issue I have with this would be say.. trolls/griefers/hackers join the game just to break armours. That'd be very little fun.
It would be a hell of a money sink as well. Good thinking spazzy.
It would be a mechanic for the "mid-tier" player, who wants to join in large group fights with a ship they want, but they don't have enough disposable money on a character they might only use once for that fight alone.

The reason why armor should not be given on such a ship, however, is to prevent players from unmounting it.
Pages: 1 2