Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: pvp rules and traders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
it happened 5 min ago when i was crossing the sigmas on my way to the omicrons ( Cheshire, manta VHF, BHG ID, BHG tag )

some trader opened fire on me, no provokation, no word prior to the attack, no RP reason at all. - he took out 100% of my shields and 5% of the hull - when i opened fire and destroyed him. ( must have been a low level freighter ... he was only 38 ) so he was destroyed in the counterattack in self defense. - after the 1 second surprise shock of being targetted by some civilian in a freighter.

now, the question is.... he is a trader... can he come back? - or do the pvp rules apply to traders that are attacking ... especially when they attack non pirates. if the pvp rules applied, he wouldn t be able / allowed to keep doing his diamond run anymore - if the trader rules apply, he can come back... and i cannot even do anything against him, cause i m no pirate.
He can't, he's using his ship like a fighter and not a trader here. The rule is on.
come to that - he used his ship as a trader, too... his hold was full of diamonds and he was on his way to kyushu...
That's... odd. Personally I'd say that full pvp rules should ALWAYS apply to traders, but especially if they shoot first- it's a full on pvp at that point, if the pvp rules don't apply then I'm going to buy myself a trader ID'd Raven Claw, mount full codes and debbies then attack everyone in sight over and over again. </sarcasm>

Oh yeah, I presume these diamonds were from Rheinland? Maybe I should get some Volksfront in the air.
I agree with Grimly. He used his ship like a fighter and not a freighter, and so he has to adhere to the PvP rules.
' Wrote:Personally I'd say that full pvp rules should ALWAYS apply to traders

//Signed
I'm sorry but where in the rules does it say that PvP rules do not apply to traders? I never heard anything about this until now.
' Wrote:I'm sorry but where in the rules does it say that PvP rules do not apply to traders? I never heard anything about this until now.

same ere but if thats the case then...

Quote:Personally I'd say that full pvp rules should ALWAYS apply to traders

I sign this also
: hm... as a matter of fact, i m not sure if the rules state it clearly. - but traders are not bound to the 4 hours lock out after being shot down - they can practicly "re-engage".

the problem there was that the player was flying a low level freighter with little chance against a manta. and he was clearly on the nio / dia run - using sigma-13 ( but not the chogoku turn ). so i assume that he was not using the ship as a fighter, but as a freighter... the problem is that he never replied to PMs, so i have no idea what made him attack anyway.

when its about the so called "common sense" i d say - when its used as a fighter, its a fighter - and freighters like the kushan assault freighter can do quite some damage to an enemy. - this scenario was just never really cleared up.

there are transports that have excellent offensive capabilities that could - if they liked...create very small, very private worlds of pain for pirates.... or others. now, in that case i did not care at all if he resumed his route, cause i was only passing through anyway... but one might think of a group of "traders" using like 3 container transports that are able to do a lot of damage when used correctly - and they could - if they were considered to be "trading" simply come back...
It's not stated that the trader can re-engage, but he can come back. The rule regarding re-engaging still stands.

If anyone is attacked after already dying etc, by the same person who killed them, they can fight back as far as I know.

In this case though, he died, he can come back but he can't re-engage. Then again, do Civilian ID's even count as traders?
Pages: 1 2 3