Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Greetings, Discovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings, All.

I've been out of Freelancer now for close to 2 years but when my son started playing FL on his puter, well, I remembered the fun and enjoyment I had playing. I got out of the game due to family, work and for the fact I couldn't keep up with all the mods. In exploring here, I see one that looks kool.

I left playing the 2.29 mod. I've played in many old servers such as Lansdale and Boston. I miss it.

So, to refresh my memory, I just need to remember what I need to start again. I know about the mod manager and discovery mod. Anything else?

About me, I'm one of those guys who's to old to game but still do anyway. You can find me in the servers of BF2142 or Flyff but FL was my all time favorite. I'm an old Trekkie too so you will find my ships tagged with the Klingon designator I.K.S.

So again, greetings. I'll see you all down the road.
Awesome! Welcome! And join the BLS!

That aside and done with, here's a few tips!

Read the rules. Again. Again. Know them, live by them! They're life and blood to us.

You'll also want DBoy's (may he rest with his girlfriend in peace...he left for her) Global Server Workaround for FLMM. YOu need FLMM 1.3, NOT 1.4

Have fun!
Welcome back to Disco, hope to see you in space. If you see any of my characters in space they'll be happy to interact with you, though I'd watch out if you annoy Nathan, he's a little touchy.:)
Thanks! Been reading through the rules. Pretty extensive!! I'm confused by the tagging systems. I remember from way back about trade ships having a (T) on them then I see there are terrorists. I could use a little clarification. My Klingon friends anger easily so I don't want them getting into trouble over rule misinterpretations.
Ships with a (T) on them are probably traders (if it isn't ALREADY hard enough for the pirates to spot you...) Basically, you can call your character whatever you want as long as it's RP-viable and you don't use a factions tag without being a member. Also, come visit us in Omicron Alpha. We have Cardamine. (EVERYBODY wants it...)

EDIT: Oh, and Terrorists are usually Admin-issued IDs, unless you join the NovaPG or the Xenos or some such.
Welcome... I come from around the Boston area too! Pak da ca in da havad yad... no, seriously, I am.
When I said Boston I meant the old Boston FL server although I worked at Logan Airport for over 5 years for the airlines. That's abuse I don't miss.