Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Destroyable weapon platforms?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When sieging a base, weapon platforms are a real problem... And I see no inRP reason why you cannot destroy them. They are just structures aswell. Yes, it would make base sieging easier... so what? A base without the defence of players will die anyway and the weapon platforms just make it annoying.

If you siege a base, wouldn't it be logical to take out the weapons first and then kill the rest?

For this, it could be that every base would have larger amount of weapon platforms... they can also be tough and hard to kill. But, they would be killable. That is my point.

What does the comunity think about it?
I think they can be killed. But respawn quickly. That's my last info about it, if it changed since and I'm unaware of it, sorry for misinformation.
The platforms we have now are a pain in the behind to build. Therefore they cannot be "taken away" like you suggest.

I think there is a new system that will come in the next version (?) or that might be in already: the system means that when you shoot the platforms, the base repairs them, but it draws repair materials (likely all 3 of them). So shooting the platforms would drain repair commodities.

It's kind of... half-knowledge here, but I am sure parts of this is true/planned.
(06-28-2014, 01:54 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]The platforms we have now are a pain in the behind to build. Therefore they cannot be "taken away" like you suggest.

I think there is a new system that will come in the next version (?) or that might be in already: the system means that when you shoot the platforms, the base repairs them, but it draws repair materials (likely all 3 of them). So shooting the platforms would drain repair commodities.

It's kind of... half-knowledge here, but I am sure parts of this is true/planned.

Thanks, if it works like this, that is all I need...
The base defenders can't be expected to stay vigilant and defend the base 24/7, if the base is owned by a smaller group, not a full official/unofficial faction. Even official factions can't be expected to pull a 24/7 defense. The base's destruction was made significantly easier by reducing the shield damage absorption. Base construction is available to everyone, and weapon platforms provide the small groups to even stand a chance in defense. If you can't deal with weapon platforms, why do you even siege a base? As you said, the owners have to have a group of defenders to defend it. Well, you have to have a group of attackers to attack it, and to deal with the WPs.

"When sieging a base, weapon platforms are a real problem..." Yeah, as this is their main purpose.

"weapon platforms just make it annoying" yes, for the attackers. I don't think the defenders find the presence of the platforms annoying.

Also, the WPs can be destroyed by snubs (bombers), so they give a purpose to these ships in base sieges.