Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Faction Based Propaganda
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I have been flying around and realized outside of Hessians (Blood Diamonds), Corsairs (Artis), Outcasts (Cardi), Unione Corse (Nox), Lane Hackers (Counterfeit Software), LR(Slaves), Brigands (Human Organs)

that only a hand full, but there are many others that do not Bundschuh ,Farmer Alliance ,Gaians ,Xenos ,The Council.
So a possible Idea:

Those that do not have something illegal they sell ( like sold from their base I mean for Really Cheap (Green sell color) Have a faction based Propaganda? Like "Bundschuh Propaganda" or "Farmer Alliance propaganda" "Gaians Propaganda" ect. I think it would be neat and I personally would be willing to help make Info cards for it. If anyone else wants to feel free to post here with your info card suggestions:

Needed factions:
Mollys (Introduction of a Molly commodity similar to the Blood Diamonds would be interesting as well)
Gaians
Farmer's Alliance
Blood Dragons
Golden Chrysanthemums
LWB (Though Blue Jillies being buffed to smuggling commodity levels would make this better and remove this faction from the list)
Unioners
The Council
The Maquis
Hellfire
SCRA

Discuss
Some addition to your list:

Mollys have the gold/gold ore/whiskey
Farmer's Alliance has the Kyushu Rice
Council/Maquis/Brigands have the Hydrogen Cyanide
Junkers have the Manifolds

Additionally, I like this idea for every faction to have a "signature" commodity (or some related factions having a common commodity, like Hydrogen Cyanide) to trade and make money on; this could make closed economy characters more viable.
And that signature commodity of those unalwful factions should be a contraband. This might improve the condition of smuggling the routine cardamine, artifacts and human organs.

If there are a variety of contrabands to choose from ,I guess, smuggling might be a bit lively.
There already is a commodity sold by the Maquis called "Propaganda," just fyi.
Um ...
Uh ...

Look man, no offense but there are several things wrong with your post.

First of all, many of those items aren't "propaganda", they're just commodities (considered contraband in most places) that they make a profit on.

For example, the Unione Corse aren't trying to make anyone believe that Nox is good for you, and it's not just them that deal in it. The Brigands ship most of the Nox that the Corse make. And if anything, Human Organs should be a propaganda commodity for Cryer Pharmaceuticals, not some random pirate group.

Council and Maquis (though the Maquis sell a lot of nukes) don't need commodities for convincing people the Gallic Crown is bad. They do it through roleplay and killing people, which is enough for them. Same could be said with the HF Legion, Unioners, and Blood Dragons.

Chrysanthemums are already the only Kusari faction that doesn't hate drugs, as they ship in Cardamine. No extras needed there. And as for the Farmers' Alliance (and LWB, I guess), they're similar to the Maquis in wanting to blow up Synth Foods shipments. There's Kyushu Rice, too.

Last faction you listed is the Gaians, and in addition to wanting to blow up Planetform, if memory serves correct the last official faction roleplayed them as being very much into the Synth Weed trade.

-----------

So to sum that up, many of the factions "without" a propaganda commodity don't particularly need one, because most are either a Revolutionary or a Terrorist faction. After all, there are several different types of quasi/unlawful IDs. See this page

In addition to that, you missed a number of quasi/unlawful groups. And many commodities, as I said above, don't have a propaganda purpose.

-----------

However, there are some commodities that indeed can be used for propaganda. There are many dimensions to them though, and it's not just one per faction. Some factions even have directly competing commodites

Hessians have Blood Diamonds, of course. Corsairs and Hogosha trade artifacts. BHG Core deals with Nomad bits. Outcasts, GCs, and LR have Cardamine. Hackers have Counterfeit Software. Solar Engineering has Gallic Gate/Lane stuff, competing with Ageria's. I mentioned Cryer and Synth Weed already.

EDIT: Forgot the Junkers and Gallic Junkers, but they'll trade anything that they think they can get away with

Vodka? Maybe, but to my knowledge, no one has banned it yet.

And back to the Unione Corse, there actually is a lot that can be done to support the legalization of Hypnotainment Bands, which are in fact very similar to Solar's Holotainment Bands. Compare it, if you will, to Apple wanting jailbroken iPods to be made illegal - except that in this case, Solar has won that fight so far. I'll save the rest of that tangent for another time though.

All in all, it's a good idea Vulk, but the lore of groups and regions should be paid close attention to in this regard

EDIT 2: Also, I know you're thinking of supposed Black Market stuff, but it helps make the roleplay more dynamic and less black-and-white when certain commodities are only illegal in certain places. Furthermore, corporations are involved in these sorts of things as well
(06-29-2014, 02:47 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: [ -> ]There already is a commodity sold by the Maquis called "Propaganda," just fyi.

most revolutionary/terrorist factions have that item, hessians, mollies and xenos (yes, xenos) have it, is a generic item... i would like to see it with different names an shapes
(06-29-2014, 12:18 PM)Ponge Wrote: [ -> ]Some addition to your list:

Mollys have the gold/gold ore/whiskey
Farmer's Alliance has the Kyushu Rice
Council/Maquis/Brigands have the Hydrogen Cyanide
Junkers have the Manifolds

Additionally, I like this idea for every faction to have a "signature" commodity (or some related factions having a common commodity, like Hydrogen Cyanide) to trade and make money on; this could make closed economy characters more viable.

What I am looking at is not goods like that ( bad wording at my part I blame it on early morning lack of sleep) I am meaning Black market stuff.

(06-29-2014, 04:32 PM)Teerin Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, many of those items aren't "propaganda", they're just commodities (considered contraband in most places) that they make a profit on.

Its not just propaganda its more or less like a brochure of the faction that lets say a Maquis may hand out in Kusari or Rheinland or to some one they pirate. that sort of thing. Like when your at a Sports event and there are those people like " Hello sir do you have a problem with X? Well if you do Y then X will be fixed or will possibly be fixed"

And again Black Market is what I am getting at Not Lawful trading. Like if my Freelancer docked there bought this commodity and flew off, and a Police officer found me I would be demanded to drop it.

Example:
I dock my Freelancer on a Red Hessian base pick up Blood Diamonds and I take off for Gallia, I get stopped by a RFP and he says " Blah Blah blah Drop the Blood Diamonds you Red Hessian supporter and pay this fine Blah Blah blah or be destroyed blah blah blah"
More contraband is always nice. However we already have something called "propaganda" which ingame serves as nothing but plot device and low denomination credit card equivalent on every single station. Surely The Order should be on the list and even if I have a couple of ideas for its unique commodity, I am still brainstorming. May or not come included with Yuri's Nomad Disneyland update.
(06-29-2014, 11:44 PM)Omicron Wrote: [ -> ]More contraband is always nice. However we already have something called "propaganda" which ingame serves as nothing but plot device and low denomination credit card equivalent on every single station. Surely The Order should be on the list and even if I have a couple of ideas for its unique commodity, I am still brainstorming. May or not come included with Yuri's Nomad Disneyland update.

I am aware of the currently existing propaganda but what I am proposing would be Specified Propaganda, per faction (example)

Gaian Propaganda might be sold on gaian bases and sell in Say Kusari/Rheinland/Gallia?

Mean While:

Bundschuh Propaganda would be sold on their bases and then sell it in Liberty/Bretonia/Gallia

but If its not just "propaganda" thats is even better. Maybe Mollys get something as simple as Molly Gold which would reference:

Quote:The title "Irish Gold", is referring to the gold allegedly accepted by Roger Casement in order to finance the resistance against the English crown.

(from a book)
You don't really "sell" propaganda. It should really be sold/bought for like $1/ea.

This makes it truly RP in practice.