Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How would you like Factions to Be
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I cant change anything im just intrested to see your views on how Factions are in discovery and compare youre Views to mine,

In my Opinion the Order need to have something done to them there just a bit Boaring at the moment.
All factions should be organizing activities to boost fun and activity.

-Arranged LN/RM battles
-Arranged Order/Nomad battles
-Arranged BAF/GRN battles
-Arranged Outcast/Corsair battles
-Forums threads with kill/death ratio boards
-Ranks and required activities as percs to do patrols, raids, etc
-Giant convoys
-medals

Right now I have the feeling that faction leadership is just held for the sake of having faction leadership, and the people who are really active are rather purposely excluded rather than trying to be included in factions.
(06-29-2014, 05:31 PM)Oleander Wrote: [ -> ]All factions should be organizing activities to boost fun and activity.

-Arranged LN/RM battles
-Arranged Order/Nomad battles
-Arranged BAF/GRN battles
-Arranged Outcast/Corsair battles
-Forums threads with kill/death ratio boards
-Ranks and required activities as percs to do patrols, raids, etc
-Giant convoys
-medals

Right now I have the feeling that faction leadership is just held for the sake of having faction leadership, and the people who are really active are rather purposely excluded rather than trying to be included in factions.

Maybe there should be a restart for the Factions and Faction Leaders to mix it up a bit?
Frankly, your question goes from series: "How would you describe a God?" or "How would you describe life of alien nation?"

Also, no offence mate, but this threat is kinda provocating. We all has our own view, and very often, it's direcly oposite to someone's opion. And knowing our community, sometimes, just a small spark is enough to create a thermonuclear explousion (and Im also being one, who taking part in some of those forum explosions, sry). So.. let's put matches back today.

Perhaps, you could be interested in sending your offers or sugessions in special subforum. Just structurise your idea, show it's positive points, point on a problem, which it should resolve, and how it would works.
(06-29-2014, 05:32 PM)The Hazard RIO Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe there should be a restart for the Factions and Faction Leaders to mix it up a bit?

I think any group of players should be allowed to gain official faction status if they fulfill certain criteria concerning RP, rule/lore awareness/conformity, and activity.

If there is disagreement between 2 official factions on something, there will be a vote, and each vote weighed by server activity.

People and factions who want influence will be forced to earn it by promoting activity and collaboration with their faction members.
(06-29-2014, 05:41 PM)Oleander Wrote: [ -> ]I think any group of players should be allowed to gain official faction status if they fulfill certain criteria concerning RP, rule/lore awareness/conformity, and activity.

In essence you can, http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1746
(06-29-2014, 05:41 PM)Oleander Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2014, 05:32 PM)The Hazard RIO Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe there should be a restart for the Factions and Faction Leaders to mix it up a bit?

I think any group of players should be allowed to gain official faction status if they fulfill certain criteria concerning RP, rule/lore awareness/conformity, and activity.
That happens already. JMs's officialdom request was processed early due to the amount of effort we put in.

(06-29-2014, 05:41 PM)Oleander Wrote: [ -> ]If there is disagreement between 2 official factions on something, there will be a vote, and each vote weighed by server activity.
(I might not have understood your point correctly, so excuse me if I blunder)
This wouldn't really be fair in some situations. For example:
.j. 34.20:25:16
JM- 12.15:22:28
No way will JM ever top that. I have no idea how the Congress amass such activity, and I don't think JM will ever be able to rival it. I'm surprised our activity is still going strong, considering we currently lack the ability to scrap mine on our ID.
(06-29-2014, 05:31 PM)Oleander Wrote: [ -> ]-Forums threads with kill/death ratio boards

I don't think that's very fitting for an RP server.

Only encourages pewing to win rather than pewing for fun, too.
(06-29-2014, 07:30 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2014, 05:41 PM)Oleander Wrote: [ -> ]If there is disagreement between 2 official factions on something, there will be a vote, and each vote weighed by server activity.
(I might not have understood your point correctly, so excuse me if I blunder)
This wouldn't really be fair in some situations. For example:
.j. 34.20:25:16
JM- 12.15:22:28
No way will JM ever top that. I have no idea how the Congress amass such activity, and I don't think JM will ever be able to rival it. I'm surprised our activity is still going strong, considering we currently lack the ability to scrap mine on our ID.

The activity would have to be averaged over a longer time period, like 3-6 months. I guess starting at 1/3 of the activity, the faction could get a veto right, or major decisions would need a 2/3 majority instead of a simple majority. But if your faction is less that 1/3 active than the other existing one, yeah, I would say they should have more say in junker policy than you. Of course, factions that have less than 1/3 activity than the strongest faction still have rights (same as indies should have rights) that cant be taken away from the strongest official faction.
(06-29-2014, 07:38 PM)Haste Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2014, 05:31 PM)Oleander Wrote: [ -> ]-Forums threads with kill/death ratio boards
I don't think that's very fitting for an RP server.
Only encourages pewing to win rather than pewing for fun, too.

First of all, pewing to win is not in contradiction to this being a RP server. Pewing to win is the most IRP thing imaginable, while "fair play" deathmatches between enemies are pretty much the dumbest RP imaginable.

I think the thing that you would be looking for is a "fair play PvP server".

Second, this sort of competitiveness (a) exists anyway (I would actually say that competitiveness and "play to win" has, more than any other faction I can think of, existed in the reaver faction in your sig) and (b) would encourage people to become more efficient and more active fighter pilots.

Thirdly, such a k/d ratio board does not need to be restricted to "IRP" enemies, but can also go into "simulations", which would basically bring Connecticut back into the RP world. All the people hanging out in Connecticut can now bring their desired "fair fights" and that they have there into their RP character, if they wish to do so. Such things have existed in dogfighting movies/games from "Top Gun" to "Wincommander" (the pre- pre- pre- pre- predecessor of Freelancer).
Pages: 1 2 3