Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Community Tutorial: Why would you want to fly a ---------- ID?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, Spurdy here and this is my newest tutorial. But nope, this is also your tutorial. Exactly, your replies will make up this thread. So what's this whole thing about?

We have a whole lot of IDs ingame and even after six or so years of playing, there are plenty of IDs I have either never bothered to touch or have had very limited experiences with. Thus I made this thread, because I can only assume that many people, especially the newer members have the same things.

So how does this interactive tutorial work? First of all, the opening post will have a list of IDs. The collapsibles will then have the community member comments in them underneath every ID. Simple as that.

If you are interested in an ID you never had the chance to fly with, simply post here and wait for answers by our community members and their experiences. They will be then added to the opening post in the list below.

In short, the information should cover not only basic RP guidelines for that ID, but also all of the ''out of the box'' suggestions you can do to refresh your gameplay on an already known ID.

EDIT: If you still have no idea what this thread is about, think of it like an ID Feedback thread. Summaries and tidbits about the usage of every ID from the standpoint of our players.

RULES:

While this tutorial is meant to allow new and old players to spark their interest in certain IDs, please mind a few things.

*Be truthful. These comments will mostly be based on your own personal experiences. Leave assumptions and other third-party-information out of it.
*Be considerate. If you want to mention things a player would have to avoid while using the ID, please keep specific names of individuals and/or factions out of it. If you have a problem with them, please take it to their feedback thread if they have one. Any post like this will be flagged as off-topic or provocative.
*Feel free to also note any specific ships you want to fly.
*If you do not agree with the comments done by other community members, please keep that to yourself. The whole idea of the thread is to point out that different people with different playstyles have different experiences.
*Be constructive. Either post a request for an ID to be commented on or post the comment on a an ID. You are more than welcome to also provide feedback on IDs that are not requested, they will be added to the OP.
*Offtopic posts will be flagged and removed.

Things you could comment about:

*Your own personal experience and interesting moments within the game on these IDs.
*Suggestions for RP.
*Overall RP guidelines.
*Warnings and common mistakes.
*Other stuff and such.

LIST OF IDs
The teamplate and sorting system is a carbon copy from the Discovery Wikipedia. The page can be found here: http://discoverygc.com/wiki/ID

Generic IDs
Freelancer ID
Miner ID
Pirate ID

Corporate IDs
Ageira Technologies ID

ALG Waste Disposal ID

Borderworld Exports ID

Daumann Heavy Construction ID

Deep Space Engineering ID

EFL Oil and Machinery ID

Gallic Metal Service ID

Ile-de-France Shipping ID

Kishiro Technologies ID

Kruger Minerals ID

Orbital Spa and Cruise ID

Planetform, Inc. ID

Republican Shipping ID

Samura Industries ID

Solar Engineering ID

Synth Foods, Inc. ID

Universal Shipping ID

Military, Police, and Special Forces IDs
Bretonia Armed Forces ID

Bretonia Police Authority ID

Bretonian Intelligence Service ID

Gallic Royal Navy ID

Gallic Royal Police ID

Kempeitai ID

Kusari Naval Forces ID

Kusari State Police ID

Liberty Navy ID

Liberty Security Force ID

Marinenachrichtendienst ID

Rheinland Military ID

Guild and Autonomous Organization IDs
Artificial Intelligence ID

Bounty Hunters Guild ID

Bounty Hunters Guild Core ID

Gas Miners Guild ID

Independent Miners Guild ID

The Order ID

Zoner ID

Revolutionary IDs
The Council ID

Hellfire Legion ID

Kusari Exiles ID

Mollys ID

Quasilawful Organization IDs
Hogosha ID

Unione Corse ID

Pirate and Criminal IDs
Bretonian Privateer ID

Gallic Brigands ID

Golden Chrysanthemums ID

Lane Hackers ID

Liberty Rogues ID

Outcasts ID

House Terrorist Cell IDs
Farmers Alliance ID

Gaian Terrorist ID

Maquis ID

Restricted IDs

Criminal ID
Neutral ID
Special Operative ID
Terrorist ID

WIP
Changelog
Code:
Recruit ID does not participate in overall server RP and is removed from the list.
Administrator ID does not participate in overall server RP and is removed from the list.
Added LPI ID comment.
Added RFP ID comment.
Added Xeno ID comment.
Good work on that, and a platform to raise several questions that have been confusing me for the past few months I have been playing in this server.

So, I see, some FL ID transports engaging in piracy. But as far as their ID goes, it mentions no unlawful activity besides those mentioned in that ID.And again, if smuggling is considered an unlawful action (which I think it is), why is FL ID allowed to smuggle?

I also see a lot of Zoner ID players engaging in NPC piracy, and when I enquired about this, in a nice manner to a player who was doing so in front of Bethelhem, he said (rather very angrily, throwing abuses) that NPCs don't come into the picture regarding ID limits, rules and regulations. i.e, ID limits only apply to player player interaction and does not apply for NPC encounters/piracy/or anything regarding NPCs.

I raised this question to an admin, and they are discussing about it. I would like to know the thought of some experienced player on these queries.
The consensus has always been that NPC's aren't even part of the RP environment.
If I am patrolling on my lawful and I see some random freelancer transport farming NPCs for cargo like a retard right in front of Manhattan, I will in fact fine him for assaulting civilian patrols. Would only make sense, right?

Actually, feel free to make a NPC thread in the rules section for an admin green on it.
Added the first few descriptions.
Perhaps had player IDs to the restricted IDs section? I've had people asking me before "How to get Reaver ID???"
I am hesitant to add faction IDs just yet. First of all I want to see if the comments we will be adding don't carry the usual anti-indie/anti-faction stench on them. If people will exhibit objective and constructive comments, I will then also add the faction ID section.
Oi, start commenting. I am looking at you, JM guys. Gief us info about the Junker ID as you play it.
Well, a special RP guide for AI ID ? Also Consensus, I mean they're alien made AI's why would they be operating like a Human AI? If there would be a RP guide like Nomad RP, like realy good explained a basic "AI RP" which everyone could use and actually enjoy it. Also beeing a bit challengeful like Nomad RP. Please note that the AI ID is a Consensus AI guys, it isn't a generic Artificial Intelligence (yes I've seen people RPing as a Gallic AI using AI Cruiser, srsly?). YOu have to know you're an Alien AI and not just a simple Human made AI or ANY AI, you're a "Consensian" Artificial Intelligence which originated from Omicron Kappa. It doesn't mean you're not free to choose your own path afterwards but your origin will still be connected to the Consensus.
(06-30-2014, 11:28 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Oi, start commenting. I am looking at you, JM guys. Gief us info about the Junker ID as you play it.
Okay, I'll type something up, give me a moment ;-;
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7