Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [PROPOSAL] Special traits of ships
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GreetingZZzzzZzzz

I have recently returned to my active duty in Freelancing after couple of years.

While I was away I had an experience of playing EVE online and one of the major features of EVE i liked was special ship traits and I think that this feature could be well implemented in this mod.

For example - we got the Order Reconnaissance Cruiser. Additionaly to his stats would be a special trait of having a better scanner range by a certain percentage, lets say 50%. The result will be a real recon cruiser which could scan systems for hostile and friendly activity.

Another traits could be that some ship would take slightly reduced hull damage from sides, because the model has some panels on the sides (lets say Atlas).

Some ship could take reduced damage from heavy battleship turrets like Mortars and so on (based on Star Craft's Immortal)...

And so on i think you got the idea Smile

As a result people would start buying some ships that are deemed useless PvP wise and that would force them to use those ships for some special RP ( I personally really like the recon cruiser idea )

Yours sincerely KubanaHAFANANA
anyone? Big Grin
Really nice idea, but i think it's hard for dev to do something like that.
but i agree that it would be very good to have this system. Almost every ship could become useful.
I like the Recon Cruiser proposal. I'm not sure if the other suggestions are possible due to Freelancer's game engine, but the Recon Cruiser could have a special one-of-a-kind scanner that only works on that ship, thanks to tech chart compatibility.
Dunno how does the engine work but it is doable if the modder is somehow able to know which side o hitbox or which hitboxes are being hit, then it wouldn't be a problem

And i think you can get the information by what kind of weapon is the shield being hit. As i imagine it while being hit by a mortar, the game gets the information of how much damage is being dealt, what damage type is it, to calculate shield damage done. In addition to these information I bet you can send another type of information like: HEY IMA BIG FRAKIN' MORTAR! and if the shield gets that kind of information it just simply lowers the damage done by a percentage Smile
hell i think i'm gonna dig a bit deeper to this modding stuff maybe i could help (anyway holidays are here)