Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Base Status
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have had a thought about how the Base Status Page is used ooRP for people who want to siege Bases.

At the moment all they need to do is check this page, see that a certain Base is not repairing itself, contact a few friends, post an attack thread, log required ships, head to location and then shoot Base.

This is all done using an ooRP system.

What I suggest, if at all possible, is that the Page remains but the Health and Shield Statuses are hidden from general view. As each Base has 2 or more Passwords that allow access to control the Base, in Game, that these be used to access the information on the Base Status Page. This way only the Base Operators can see the Status of their Base without physically going to the Base or logging on to a ship that is docked on it.

Anybody else will need to spend time to log a ship and 'visit' the Base to find out it status via the Health Bar that is available when you click on the Base.

Discuss.
Don't fix what ain't broke.
Quote:Don't fix what ain't broke.

So it isn't broken?

How come most, in not all, Base sieges are done due to somebody checking on the Status Page and noticing that a Base's Health is below 100%?

InRP if you want to find out how an enemy's Base is you have to go and spend time to find out. This should be the proper way to do it (at least in my opinion).

Why should this ooRP way be available to all and sundry?
(07-02-2014, 11:20 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Don't fix what ain't broke.

This.
he does have a point tho, i think base status should not be shown on the forum

a list of bases yeah sure, but not the status, its upto the base owners to login and check their bases
(07-02-2014, 11:59 AM)evanz Wrote: [ -> ]he does have a point tho, i think base status should not be shown on the forum

a list of bases yeah sure, but not the status, its upto the base owners to login and check their bases

Both opinions have a point; hiding the base status would reduce the number of "lolsieges" and the scenarios that were described in the OP, but base owners would loose an easy-to-use tool to check on their base's status: as far as I know, that page can be viewed from phones, too, while you can't play the game from your phone to check the status of the base. I like the idea about linking the base passwords to that part of the forum, so you could access your base's status by entering it. However, if that can't be/wouldn't be implemented, I think it would be best to keep it as it is.

OR

The base siege rules should be updated to leave some time (12-24h?) between attack thread post and actual attack, so the base owner can prepare some defense.
When it says " well-based" in the rules and guidelines for an attack of a pob, it doesn't mean that every person can check the page, create a faction with no prior history or contact with said pob, or its owner - and simply create a decleration with 3 lines of rp and take it down. As happened last week. I am too lazy however to file a report, but I should do this - not because of anger, though im slightly dissapointed - but because people ignore the stated rule and think that as long as they create a decleration post - its legit.
(07-02-2014, 12:24 PM)Ponge Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-02-2014, 11:59 AM)evanz Wrote: [ -> ]he does have a point tho, i think base status should not be shown on the forum

Both opinions have a point; hiding the base status would reduce the number of "lolsieges" and the scenarios that were described in the OP, but base owners would loose an easy-to-use tool to check on their base's status: as far as I know, that page can be viewed from phones, too, while you can't play the game from your phone to check the status of the base. I like the idea about linking the base passwords to that part of the forum, so you could access your base's status by entering it. However, if that can't be/wouldn't be implemented, I think it would be best to keep it as it is.

OR

The base siege rules should be updated to leave some time (12-24h?) between attack thread post and actual attack, so the base owner can prepare some defense.

yes base owners can check their status from a mobile, but what would that accomplish, it would be pointless to do so, as nothing can be done about it by themselves, unless they had a team of players that could supply it/them

if you have a base, make sure its topped up if you know your not going to be there for say a day or 2, ask you fellow clan/team mates to supply it

if you have to keep checking the base status page for how your base is doing then your not helping yourself or your base, you shouldnt need to do that
@St.Denis
Why should you be able to know in pure ooRP way where's activity happens even without starting Freelancer?
Pls delete ship's locations from Players Online list
I also want to express my appericiation to zayne, as a leader of the hessian front - from what I can gather, he has made a perfectly legit decleration posts and conducted a real rp before he went on to destroy a base. I did not see him or his faction destroying bases without atleast finding out about them or contacting them - even if he knew ooc that they are enemies - I think that anyone who wants to destroy a base should take him and his faction as an example, and not exploit the engagement rules.
Pages: 1 2