Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rules clarification, underlevel with ID
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was under the impression that underlevel killing is allowed if the target has purchased a faction ID - am I correct in that assumption?
' Wrote:I was under the impression that underlevel killing is allowed if the target has purchased a faction ID - am I correct in that assumption?

Yes
Good... because i just blasted a level 28 xeno ID'd player at rochester =/
Quote:5.3 Attacking characters of level 29 and below is prohibited. Characters under level 30 cannot be attacked by players of any level, except if they have non-Civilian ID onboard, and except cases of self-defense.
Right, that's what I thought - but after killing this guy he went off about how I was breaking rules by killing an underlevel. I even went as far as to snapshot his ID/tag/ship/level before engaging. Far as I'm concerned, it was his own fault for coming within 4k of rochester as a xeno.

Though, I did feel a bit sorry for him afterwards, as I had stripped him of the last of his cargo, equipment, and money... so I sent a little cash his way to help him out.
Can I point out something here ... something that may have been overlooked?

Players are required to have an ID appropriate for their level as noted in the following rule ...

Quote:6.1 Every player must have an ID equipped on his or her ship. Players under level 40 might use Civilian IDs (basic IDs sold on every station), characters who reach level 40 must choose an NPC faction to ally and get the ID of this faction, or get a generic ID.

... and everyone is limited by the following rule ...

Quote:5.3 Attacking characters of level 29 and below is prohibited. Characters under level 30 cannot be attacked by players of any level, except if they have non-Civilian ID onboard, and except cases of self-defense.

So new players have from level 30 - 40 to purchase an ID (which is 500k or more depending on the ID). We have a serious issue where new players purchase their ship prior to their ID and end up flying around with the Civilian ID long after they attain level 40. I know the admins have been dealing with issues like this for quite some time.

So to alleviate this problem ... why don't we drop the portion of that rule which reads, "except if they have non-Civilian ID onboard." Rationale is that the new player will be more likely to get that ID earlier. Why would I want to get an new ID and risk death early (prior to level 40) when I can have the protection of the Civilian ID?
' Wrote:We have a serious issue where new players purchase their ship prior to their ID and end up flying around with the Civilian ID long after they attain level 40.

That's hardly what I would call a serious issue, plus you are allowed to do this without sanction:

6.22 Sanctions for violating ID rules and RP engagement rules are: credit/equipment fine, placing inside the prison system, ban for up to 30 days. Player may be warned for using inappropriate ID for a short period of time, and sanctions will not apply if the ID status will be fixed as soon as possible by the player him/herself.

If you see a guy setting up, just ignore him till he's done. That's just part of being a good sport on the server, something this server needs a lot more of.

Besides, it's the rule that allows killing underlevels with non civilian ID's that make the ID the last thing people get. I personally have had enough of being blown up in a starflier because you are level 50 while setting up, or because you have a non civilian ID.
' Wrote:That's hardly what I would call a serious issue, plus you are allowed to do this without sanction:

6.22 Sanctions for violating ID rules and RP engagement rules are: credit/equipment fine, placing inside the prison system, ban for up to 30 days. Player may be warned for using inappropriate ID for a short period of time, and sanctions will not apply if the ID status will be fixed as soon as possible by the player him/herself.

If you see a guy setting up, just ignore him till he's done. That's just part of being a good sport on the server, something this server needs a lot more of.

Besides, it's the rule that allows killing underlevels with non civilian ID's that make the ID the last thing people get. I personally have had enough of being blown up in a starflier because you are level 50 while setting up, or because you have a non civilian ID.

Um ... read what you wrote again.

"If you see a guy setting up ..." That's the whole point behind the under 30 rule. Its so everyone else doesn't go pounding on the starfleas.

And thanks for making my point ... you get your ID last ... and even after you hit level 50.
ID's do not cost 500k, most of them are 60k~ average.
Are you absolutely positive about that Tenacity? Each ID has a different price ... and each ID has different friendliness factors to be able to purchase them. While some may cost a mere 60k ... others cost 500k+.

But my point still stands ... people wait till later to get their ID's ... partly due to cost but moreso because they know their safer to hang onto their Civilian ID longer.
Pages: 1 2