Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Botfeeding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Caps feeding snubs - will it ever get fixed?
Probably not.

All the community can hope to do is discourage that kind of behaviour, but there will always be the odd fellow who doesn't give a damn and flies off to slurp delicious nanobots from a battleship after losing a duel.

edit: woo post #700 hooray
Isn't that what groupfights are for? Increasing survivability via teamwork?

Otherwise it just seems like yet another "How DARE you not die if you are worse than me at PVP???!"
(07-03-2014, 03:54 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't that what groupfights are for? Increasing survivability via teamwork?

Increasing survivability by being a flower only makes you a tryhard, not a fun person to play with/against. Not the best way to encourage playing.
(07-03-2014, 03:54 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't that what groupfights are for? Increasing survivability via teamwork?

There is literally no way to kill even a bad feeding snub short of removing the cap - which is rarely an option unless you have caps of your own - or shooting at it for a number of hours.

I don't care what kind of BS pseudointelligent reasoning you try to pull, Spazzy, but you'll never ever manage to justify cap-to-snub feeding to me.
Well, if you cannot win a fight because of tactical reasons, you simply don't win a fight.

Also, I am speaking from my experience and my point of view. I have no reason to try and justify something in what is essentially a open discussion. That is not what a Discussion is about.
(07-03-2014, 04:01 PM)Tachyon Wrote: [ -> ]

Increasing survivability by being a flower only makes you a tryhard, not a fun person to play with/against. Not the best way to encourage playing.

Group fights are not intended for "fair" PvP dueling. You can always duel in Conn though.
(07-03-2014, 04:15 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if you cannot win a fight because of tactical reasons, you simply don't win a fight.

The Blossom didn't have a hitbox when its most recent model was first introduced. Were it still broken, would you consider it fair game for players to fly their Blossoms around actively looking for PvP while the ship they were flying was effectively invincible?

It's a tactical/strategic decision to use a ship with such favorable traits after all, isn't it?
There's a difference between using a hitboxless ship and trading for bots, don't you agree?

My point being, why would I give you a blue on me just because you happen to be better than me in PVP.
To be honest, it's just another tactic amongst many. It may be annoying but if you can not kill the cap feeding the snub then you simply brought the wrong ships to the fight. Do not rage about losing if you can't bring enough firepower to a fight.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5