Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Coalition ID's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...c=22707&hl=

That link is what brought this to mind.

Now, first off, I"m not saying that the guy there didnt deserve his sanction, he was clearly breaking some rules, but... someone point to me where the server rules say "You cannot buy/use Such and such ID if you arent part of the player faction"?

I can see this for the keepers(Nomads), wilde, and phantoms - since it is not possible to buy those ID's without admin intervention for the rep change, but I see nothing wrong with using a coalition ID as long as you're playing the part properly. Unless they actually put a coalition faction in, and make it so you cant rep up with that faction without admin intervention, it should not be a sanctionable offense.

The Coalition ID is lawful as far as I know, you cant go off and start shooting just anyone - it can only be used in a hostile manner against the houses. I dont see a problem with that at all - and to me this seems like just another case of "well, you're not in our elite club so you cant play like we do" spatter from the official factions out there.

This server feels like a goddamn dictatorship lately, you cant do a damn thing without someone getting up in arms about it and trying to sanction you for it.
Elitism from the factions?

It isn't us that make the rules.

Now, FYI, the Coalition is a dictatorship, but rules on the ID depend on the admins.

Now, have you anything else to complain about, or are you going to go off and moan about how a big natural disaster would be awesome, again?
Wow ten, did you even do a search for the thread? You have been extremely Violent lately in your posts, you need to calm down mate.
can we get the exact wording of what the ID says?
Quote:Pilot carrying this ID is a member of The Coalition. Coalition ID grants its owner right to attack military, police, and pirate targets throughout Sirius, and fulful bounty contracts. Coalition ID owners are not allowed to trade, engage traders and civilians, demand cargo, and ally with any Sirius factions.
Allowed ships: Fighters, Freighters, Transports, Gunboats, Cruisers, Battleships
Carrying unmounted IDs in your ship, as well as not equipping an ID, is a serious crime.
if that is the exact wording - it does not say you have to be part of the SCRA. - an experienced player knows that little snag - but someone that "stumbles" over it does not know it..... . but we had a thread about it not long ago. - and from what i remember, it was an issue ... the ID does not say that one cannot mount it without being part of the faction. - the rules do not say so either.

the only thing that comes close to the violation is : Pilot carrying this ID is a member of The Coalition.

but an unaware player might not know that "the coalition" is actually the SCRA. - as the coalition is as a matter of fact from freelancer lore ... "just another NPC faction" that played a role in the history of FL. - i do know that hoodlum sanctioned players for it in the past - and that also is .... questionable. so, unless it says that only members of the SCRA can mount it, i don t think its subject to a sanction, not even a warning, as the player has not done anything "wrong". - the SCRA faction might contact the player and tell him about the ID. - but for that matter... its clearly a missing part on the faction ID and not the fault of the player.

its like a zoner docking on the station in o-52 ( cap verde ). for some people its ooRP - but for an unaware player, its just a zoner station and not a SCRA station - unless we expect a player to be aware of a history of sanctions and all faction status setups.
I think adding something into the ID makes a world of sense. If it's the only publically available ID like that. And if Cape Verde is the same way, I think the same should be done as I've been there and there was no sign it was anything but another Zoner base.
Yea, sorry but until I see it told explicitly in the rules or on the ID that people not in the SCRA cant use the ID, I think it's bullcrap to sanction people for doing so.

Apparently "If there's RP, It's ok" doesnt fly around here anymore. let's just start sanctioning everyone, might as well run the server dry if this is the attitude players want to be prevalent here.
' Wrote:This server feels like a goddamn dictatorship lately, you cant do a damn thing without someone getting up in arms about it and trying to sanction you for it.

/signed. (Lessen on the dictatorship, it feels a tad more restrictive.)

Such a rule should be on the ID.
Pages: 1 2