Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bounty Boards and ID's dependent on them - Buff BHG ID!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Alright so bounty boards are less active now than they were, and it is only to be expected that this trend will continue.

So what about the ID's depending on them, first and foremost the BHG ID? We had an ID revision a while back that gave more generous engagement rights to corporate ID's as well as some unlawful ID's; but the BHG ID doesn't permit the owner to "Engage Pirates and Terrorists" outside of bounty contracts.

That effectively means that on a BHG ID, you can more or less only fight NPC's while all kinds of unlawfuls can freely smash you. Corporate ID's can shoot all badguys within their ZOI at leisure, and that means the corporations are taking over the job of the BHG, really, without any reasonable justification for that balance- or lore-wise.

So please, can we have a BHG ID that lets us shoot badguys?
(07-04-2014, 03:24 PM)Mímir Wrote: [ -> ]Alright so bounty boards are less active now than they were, and it is only to be expected that this trend will continue.

So what about the ID's depending on them, first and foremost the BHG ID? We had an ID revision a while back that gave more generous engagement rights to corporate ID's as well as some unlawful ID's; but the BHG ID doesn't permit the owner to "Engage Pirates and Terrorists" outside of bounty contracts.

That effectively means that on a BHG ID, you can more or less only fight NPC's while all kinds of unlawfuls can freely smash you. Corporate ID's can shoot all badguys within their ZOI at leisure, and that means the corporations are taking over the job of the BHG, really, without any reasonable justification for that balance- or lore-wise.

So please, can we have a BHG ID that lets us shoot badguys?

Remake the BHG, double or triple the bounties for kills even if it means giving each active government or independent faction a bank with 1 billion credits for free and only for 1 purpose, bounty payments. The BHG dont need to shoot everyone just like that. Thats why they are the BOUNTY HUNTERS Guild. If they fight without a contract remove the Bounty Hunters from their name and confuse newcomers with a faction named Guild.
Vredes has a point with his last 2 sentences. I assume the BHG doesnt have a "engage pirates and terrorists" clause is because its their very nature to hunt bad guys for money. they are pretty much mercenaries after all.

Being able to engage unlawfuls without a bounty would be crossing into house lawful territory. Then it wouldnt be the Bounty Hunters Guild, it would be the vigilante guild.

That would then take away their Raison d'être (that means 'reason for existence').
You can't expect to have active vanilla factions when the game balance has shifted to new added factions, new areas, a new gameplay. A freelancer can play a better bounty hunter then the bhg id.
(07-04-2014, 05:25 PM)Scumbag Wrote: [ -> ]You can't expect to have active vanilla factions when the game balance has shifted to new added factions, new areas, a new gameplay. A freelancer can play a better bounty hunter then the bhg id.

Which kind of sucks creating a new faction similar to the vanilla faction already filling that role and even getting bigger rights than it. But you know what sucks even more? All this bullshit being approved.
Starting from the BHG having competition from Reavers/MM and to Freelancer merc groups all alike.
Going to Reapers. Everyone wants to be a supersoldier with longer life, sadly it sucks RP wise. They were like the Outcasts of Omegas. Every faction has its ZoI and that should remain untouched. Good thing they are gone...
The only faction that is going to be missed is the BHG I think. But I assume that wont be for long. Either they will get reunited or a new faction will be made, or the server will go dark pretty soon due to player inactivity.
I'm kind of jaded right now, the BHG is my first and favourite faction and i wish i wouldn't have stepped down from the guild master position but there are better things to do with my time, this mod is just not worth it.
"Suggest" the houses to fund bounties even past their usual reach. After all do note that BHG NPC's operate everywhere from center of NY to random rock called Freeport 5 in Omega 41.

I also agree with Vredes here.
I agree that the bounty hunters guild in-rp only kill stuff to get paid, but in-rp so does a corporate security pilot, yet for the corp pilot it is ok to assume that he's somehow getting wages etc., but it's not ok to assume that the bounty hunter gets paid?
Anyone with some connection with the Voss) ? I am very interested on how things will go there.
Bunting paperwork effectively discourages people from being active bounty hunters, and there was/is competition from freelancers and groups such as Reavers.

I agree with you Mímir BHG guys should be allowed to engage pirates freely, without need to report every single kill under the threat of sanction. But mind you, if openly available BHG ID gets such line, it'll make things harder for potential official BHG faction, because people will just make indies.

Here's what I propose: Order|, as official faction, has own unique player faction ID, giving more rights than normal Order ID. They can bring caps to systems with jumpgates.

If someone remakes official BHG (what'd be really cool, because it sucks not to have official BHG faction around), they should apply for own ID, giving them right to freely engage pirates, and giving them some other perks which normal ID doesn't have. Maybe bringing cruisers to systems with 1 jumpgate, dunno, something like that.

In general: official BHG should have own ID with more allowances than normal ID, free pirate engagement right included.

P.S.

Anyone who wishes to remake official House BHG, I can guarantee official faction would be prioritized on DHC board over Freelancers, and get paid min 20 M per kill.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7