Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Beaumont base description, no more Xenos smuggling cardi pls.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: MZzhvtk.png]

So I remember myself joking about the Xenos trading cardamine lore back in late .83 and I'm surprised to see that 6 years later, you can still find bits and pieces of that on some infocards and rumors.

y u do dis disco devs, y u no fix
Xenos wanting to replace Junkers in Cardi smuggling is vanilla lore. HOWEVER, since official Xeno faction in Disco decided rather to work with Corsairs, I don't know what's canon and what is not atm.
(07-05-2014, 06:29 PM)Pavel Wrote: [ -> ]Xenos wanting to replace Junkers in Cardi smuggling is vanilla lore. HOWEVER, since official Xeno faction in Disco decided rather to work with Corsairs, I don't know what's canon and what is not atm.

I know it's Vanilla lore, but does that mean that, as a Xeno, I can excercise FR2 to follow lore and smuggle Cardamine?
Err...

As I said the whole thing is unclear now, our best men will tackle that, you'll get later answer from someone from the staff.

*Pavel sends Echo 7-7 PM with link to the thread*
EDIT: Oh, no, Pavel moved it here, nevermind.
You know what else is vanilla lore? Hackers running Artifacts into Liberty from their Hogosha suppliers in Kusari.

In other words, turf war is a common thing, and is one of the biggest factors keeping the unlawful population in check. The Xenos may hate foreigners, but they're not stupid enough to ignore a potential source of income to support their greater motives.

Smuggle whatever you like. FR2 can't be used to stop (or force) smuggling, unless the it's the product of a direct enemy (as opposed to hostile by association) - basically, a Corsairs-smuggling-Cardamine situation.
(07-06-2014, 01:59 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: [ -> ]You know what else is vanilla lore? Hackers running Artifacts into Liberty from their Hogosha suppliers in Kusari.

Last I checked Lane Hacker and Rogues in particular did not care about the OC/Sair war and were more interested in the profits that could be yearned from a steady Neutrality hence their lack of Rep hacks either way.

Granted LH prefer Outcasts they happily deal in the Artifact Trade mainly for the profits.