Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Returned for the nostalga - staying for the fun!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having never played multiplayer on vannila Freelancer, I was struck by the inspiration to re-install and try it out, and seeing the extensive additions the Discovery mod has made has made it well worth while.

I've only been playing a few hours, and already had a blast. Between dodging Hessian "checkpoints" and bluffing my way through the Rheinland-Liberty embargo (seriously, those passengers were repatriated Rheinland citizens interned in Liberty!) I've not really had dull moment.

I'd be glad if there's a group (offical or unoffical) that's looking for some fresh blood, as I'm getting a little tired of it just being me and a rusty freighter hauling goods around Sirius.
Hello there. Welcome here.

You can look at trading factions or mining factions like IMG, IC, Kishiro, Samura and a lot others. Just post in their recruitment thread which you can find here.

Also, this thread can be pretty useful for you. Enjoy your stay here.
Welcome and enjoy your stay!

QuinnZai

You can also jump onto Disco's TS server where you'll find quite a few of us doing stuff. We're rather friendly and generally have a great time on there.
The address is: nl.clanwarz:1124
Hi there Big Grin if you have any questions then send them to the members with a white name. We're always glad to help out with the newer members of our community. Anyway have fun and fly safe my friend, might I also point you towards trading factions. Some of them offer ships for new players so that might be a good way to get the money rolling in Big Grin

Angel Cashew
Welcome back to Freelancer! Hey, if you wanna set up some RP or something feel free to PM me and I'll send you my Skype add. I'd love to see some fresh RP with a new player. Fun all around! Message me if you're interested. Glad to see you've joined our community.