Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Need Some Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, so I loaded up a fresh install of FL, mod manager and then Discovery 4.84 and I can't get online. Did I miss something? Did I install something I shouldn't have? I'm eager to get back to my old favorite game so any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Doc
dew yew haz Veestaa?
XP Pro.
then...ummm.... I hasnt the slightest clue >.< but still, try and right click and run as admin or something to that extent. Ive done it before on my XP. especially if you arnt the admin on your computer.
Does the mod run fine but the server not appear on the list?

If so: try the LAN connect button. If it still doesn't appear; right click your FL icon and select "properties". find the "Target" entry field: it should have an IP or two in it beside the .exe location. (Example:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\freelancer.exe" -s82.113.48.5:2302) If this does not match, click "find Target" and look for "fldirectip.hta" and run it. Enter the IP. (you can also just add "-s82.113.48.5:2302" to the end of the command line if you want to skip the fldirectip part.) More connection tips are found here: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14845

If you can't run the game, try a fresh re-install of everything. If you can see the server but can't connect, I don't know what to say...
Hope this helps.
I'm up and running. Thanks for the help. If I had bothered to read into it, there is no longer a master server that brings up a list. Cya in the servers.
Glad you got it sorted out.

Welcome to the server.:)

Join a faction and don't buy a capital ship.

PM me if you need any help.