Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Would it be possible to allow more players on server at once?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So the thread is asking a question whether it'd be possible to run disco on two or more servers at once to somehow adjust the server population (to allow far more players to play on Disco at once)?

Let's say around 1000 players playing at the time instead of 200 present or so.
We have a hard time filling up the already existing 200 slots.
make some VERBUNGS!

joking - advertisements
Has been done already.
Billboards .. just imagine it .. you are driving to some town and you see a billboard announcing disco mod Big Grin

Okay jokes aside ... totally virtually -> is it possible?
That was once being discussed when one had to wait like half an hour to get a free server slot on our 200 slot server about three years ago. So we increased it to 225 slots.

[Image: getgraph_singlesrvphp.png]

So technically I think it'd be possible to have 1000 slots with good enough servers. WIth our current server, it'd probably be crashing constantly. Getting 1000 players together is another thing I wouldn't want to get started with.

/edit
Considering our recent activity, we'd get along fine with the server having 100 slots only.
[Image: getgraph_singlesrv2.png]
Graphs don't lie. It actually might not be a horrible idea to downgrade to server capacity if it would at all benefit the overall performance of the server itself. Say... 150? I don't know how it works so do excuse my ignorance please.
it is an old game .. that may be the problem .. dunno why but my neighbors (in dorm room) dont like the game despite they never played it ... they say its way too old.
I think it was reduced to 175 once to check if it affects the lag. It didn't.
Let's better remain in the belief that one day we'll need the 200 slots again...
It was done already to 225. Back when the server needed these 25 slots and it was hard finding a slot in the server peaks. Now... what for? We barely get 100 players in the peaks of the server.
Pages: 1 2