Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Just to clear something up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
' Wrote:I'd agree with the cruise rule being taken out, only if capships have their cruise charge time increased, with the rate depending on their size. Since we are nearing 4.85, it would make sense to do something like that now.

There was a server that did that across all ships, light fighters almost jumped in cruise, large ships sat there forever, it worked pretty well.

The "cruise is fleeing no matter what" rule is crap anyway. I imagine it was put in to keep cap ships from shieldrunning with cruise, but it breaks as much as it fixes. Cruise should not even be a consideration and the whole fleeing thing should be dropped. Small ships shieldrun from bigger ones with impunity as it is now, and most groups who are out there bomber whoring the cap ships are flush with train cruise disruptors.
hello there..... well the player in question is me....i have a BH batleship..undocking the newberlin i saw a RM player being killed in sistem chat... so i went for suport... wen i reached the fight warzone i saw the enemy and engaged.... he musted realised he was overwelmed and decided to run away from my position , using trusters.the lawfull fighter was chasing him and i was left behind.

i used cruise to chace him ....how can a bs make a persue or chace without cruise engines?

plz dont bend the rules..... here

5.6 If a player engages cruise engine or docks during a PvP fight, this player is considered fleeing. The fleeing player must leave and may not re-enter the system where the fight took place with any of the characters on his/her account(s) while the enemy (player or players involved in the fight) remains in the system, but no more than 4 hours.

However, the fleeing player can re-engage at will if chased.

its clear wen admins made the rule aplyed the use of cruise to FLEEING players
how can u re-engage if chased........???... if we cant use our cruise to chase...

several times i was fighting corsairs in gamma and wen theyr backup arrive with 4 or 5 bomber i tryed to flee....well they used cruise too to chase me....i dont complain about that they have the right to chase and finish the job.....
many times i died under corsair bomber chase on me

its like in server genaral chat says......... we are here to have fun...... have fun even wen u die...

srry if u find some typing errors... portuguese here....i think you will all get the spirit of it
oh i also agree with the cruise engines of a cap ship takes more time was more realistic but as u all know FREELANCER was a unfinished micrrosoft release it as many many smal details to fix..
tankfully discovery made it much better..
Kuun, Crosairs can chase you when YOU enter cruise. If your target did not enter cruise, than he is NOT fleeing until he reaches 15km distance. The point where he drops out of scanner range. After that you can use cruise to try and catch up. But until then you can NOT chase with cruise unless your opponent engages his cruise engines first.

And the point of not being able to chase a fleeing fighter in a battleship was INTENTIONAL. A battleship shouldn't have the speed capabilities of a fighter. A battleship shouldn't be used to chase a fighter either, so this limitation is there for a purpose. If you want to chase a fighter who is using thrusters, than buy yourself a fighter to do it, don't break rules so you can use a battleship.

And bending the rules? Joe is NOT bending the rules. You are. And no, its NOT clear that the admins meant that rule for fleeing players. It IS clear that no matter if your the one fleeing or the one chasing, engaging cruise first means you are FLEEING from the fight, and therefor cannot reengage unless shot at.
Pages: 1 2