Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cannot change IFF on POB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As title says. POB does not allow me to drop old IFF. "ERR Cannot clear affiliation, please contact administration team".

What is wrong with it?
You're not allowed to change your IFF for some silly reason
-The Admin Team
(07-09-2014, 09:49 PM)RedEclipse Wrote: [ -> ]"ERR Cannot clear affiliation, please contact administration team".

(07-09-2014, 09:57 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]You're not allowed to change your IFF for some silly reason
-The Admin Team

Because change of ownership (and allegiances) never happen so there's absolutely NO need to change a POB's IFF under any circumstance. Even if the previous applied IFF isn't making sense whatsoever.
- The Admin Team

<3 <3

(07-09-2014, 09:57 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]for some silly reason

I quote here the reason why it's not allowed:

"It could confuse (members of) the community."
(07-09-2014, 09:57 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]You're not allowed to change your IFF for some silly reason
-The Admin Team

A quote or are you "attempting to pose as an Admin"?
Well, for some reason Zoner Guards is set hostile for new restarts and thus our POB turned into "shoot everything but zoners". No way change it to Zoner IFF? >.> It would be great to see some input from administration team on this case.
Depends the core upgrade it is. Anything 2 or above is a no-go. I tried to get the IFF for Poena (when I was still involved in it) changed but nope. Logic has no place on Disco.
contact admins through pm or skype. usually helps
(07-09-2014, 10:09 PM)Tunicle Wrote: [ -> ]
-The Admin Team

A quote or are you "attempting to pose as an Admin"?

A quote.
JM's PoB, called Seasons base, had Xenos docking at it because it had Freelancer IFF (we were given it from the Vagrant Raiders). When I found out about this, I was surprised that we didn't change it's IFF to Junker as that would be logical. Impy told me that it's against the rules to change it, so I took the case to the forums. The Admins then told me "no, you'e not allowed to change the IFF because it might cause confusion to people".
>Confusion
>??????
I really think this should be allowed via SRP, and proper RP reason; in Season's case, as the base changed owners via RP, it would have been logical to allow the SRP change of the base IFF. As Lyth's issue showed, in this case, not changing the IFF caused more confusion in my opinion. If a base changes owners, its use/role/purpose can be turned completely ooRP if the IFF remains as it was before the ownership change.