Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Golden Chrysanthemums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm looking at starting a golden chrysanthemum character. I'm not sure yet if I will try to join the [GC], I might... but if not, what ships are suggested? I'd prefer to try a bomber, but I know most people, myself included, absolutely hate the blood dragon bomber, and I'm not particularly fond of the "pregnant eagle"... it isnt a very suiting ship for the character in my opinion.

Are there any other bombers out there that a GC could use?
Perhaps Waran, or Falcata?

But I'd say stick with Civi one.
Trying to go for a "pretty" ship, something elegant and graceful befitting the character, the civilian bomber doesnt exactly give an impression of beauty or grace.

Perhaps a bomber isnt the right ship type... I suppose I could try a fighter. I just wish we had that GC bomber model that was posted here not long ago, that one looks very elegant.

edit:

i wonder, would it be too far out to use a hessian fighter on a GC character?
think of what your char wants to do. if its transports you wish to pirate - the civi bomber is as good as any other ( actually a little better, due to the higher armour and lower cost ) - only you ll need to figure out how to make both torp slots work so you have a nova and a CD.

being a pirate that focusses on pirating traders means to retreat once the military or police shows up ( something pirates often fail ) - so if you wish to be prepared for the occasional patrol, you may like to try an eagle. - an eagle can pirate the occasional transport, too ( the ones with like 30k shields ) - but will have trouble with the bigger ones. - but at least you can fight the KNF.

a falcata works - but would need you to establish ties to the outcasts, cause i think the them to produce the ship.... and ties with the outcasts can be troublesome these days ... with all the rumors about their "foreign diplomacy/politics" going on.

for a red cat/blood dragon you d need a convincing explanation. - one that would probably involve marriage and a few generations ties to the blood dragons at the very least ( and 10 children that are BD pilots )
Well she's going to be more of the quiet type, insecure perhaps... I dont plan on pirating solo very often if at all, more flying as "support" for other GC and dragon pilots. Even a light fighter or very heavy fighter would serve the purpose, I just cant seem to find a ship I particularly like; in this case, appearances are more important than power.

I somewhat like the hessian light fighter, but I'm not sure it fits a kusari character well, since they tend to be very nationalistic and dont use a lot of foreign equipment or ships; then again, the [GC] almost all use eagles as far as I know.

With the loki, I could carry a mini razor to help take on transports or enemy cap ships, while still being manuverable enough to survive longer in battle. I'm not a very good aim when it comes to using fighters, but I flew a wyrm on my hogosha character for a while, and I like the survivability that such high manuverability offers; the only issue is lack of firepower.

I wish more of the light fighters could use razors...
I say just fly the civvy bomber for now. Then when 4.85 rolls along buy the perty one.:P

I seriously am considering making a GC when that ship comes out...

EDIT: I can't blame you for being picky though, Yuna deserves a nice ship.:DHeh.
The Thor bomber *hessian one* is a nice ship I have one myself it turns alright and has great power and good armor .... also for the perty part it has a way different look then other type ships in my opinion. But I am not sure if GC's can fly it ... Might try PMing a GC player while on the game.
Im suprised nobody has replied inside the GC to this yet.

Anyhow, here is the faction status, that should tell you alot about us as the player faction.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...mp;#entry185575

I don't know anyone that actually uses the Civvie bomber, however we all use Red Cats for bombers, Personally I don't see any problems with it. Flying one myself I've never gone and died saying it was the ships fault.

Also in short:

Available Ships

Eagle (VHF) - A few people use this
Falcon (HF) - Seen it once, maybe.
Hawk (LF) - Unseen
Griffin (LF) - Nope, only for roleplay reasons.
Red Catamaran (Dragon Bomber) - Most common bomber
Blood Dragon (VHF) - Kuraine? Isn't this a HF?
Blood Dragon Gunboat - We don't want any more of these
Talarca Cruiser - Nobody has one of these as far as I know
Outcast ships may or may not be available at a later date (dependent on agreements with Outcasts) - In short no
The GC use Civy line of ships... they otherwise have no other choice.
Did you read what I posted?

There's a link to the PC Faction status there if you don't trust it.
Pages: 1 2 3