Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Outcasts and their Nomad... "buddies" ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright so... its clearly stated all over the outcast lore that nomads and Outcasts, through cardimine, are neutral if not friendly to eachother.

Outcasts regard Nomads as spirits

Nomads regard Outcasts as "Orange Brethren"

...so why is it the Outcast restart is rep-hacked hostile to nomads?

Would unfriendly/ no-dock not make more sense to prevent the possible abuse of Outcasts docking on nomad stations?

Is there a particular reason for this that I'm missing?
Not all Outcasts are friendly/Neutral to Nomads... I would say it's because of that
wait wait now im confused....

since i was in a raid with sairs to Malta and i swear non of the nomads attacked the OC....

I thought nomads were kill all?
The short and sweet of it is, Nomads like Outcasts because of Cardimine.

Whomever that outcast was that shot the nomads was doing it wrong.
I assume the main reason is so they can't just fly through the nomad worlds unpunished.
Imagine Outcasts loitering around in front of Hurr Durrikun *shudder*
Outcasts were first to encounter Nomads, due to proximity to Nom homeworlds. At the beggining, Maltese ancient burial ground coincided with jumphole to Nomad worlds causing "guardiands" to appear, seemingly protecting their dead as well. Much later, there was more and more interaction between the two. OC government decided to enforce peace (and avoid another front) with aliens, who viewed them as rather interesting (both use cardamine through for different purposes).

Nomads quickly used opportunity and established cults, swaying more and more humans. It escalated enough to get The Order involved as cults became more and more apparent and OC frequently assisted Nomads in combat.

Of course, not every OC has to like it and no one but those directy involved with Nomads can simply stroll to Iota without permission. Rephack is therefore justified IMO.