Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Nomad Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
SO yea what if...

we had....

Nomad transport and nomad miner? Big Grin

And the miner would harvest like... alien organisms and artifacts!

No? Yes?
Why.. would we want to harvest Alien Organisms or Artifacts? Material value isn't really something we hold very close.

Quite frankly, it doesn't seem like something the nomads would actually care about enough in, to have something such as that.
What if they were?
I dunno.

I mean they could be?

Arn't artifacts like....Remnants of an alien civilization that existed long before humanity crawled from the ocean. The particulars of each individual Artifact vary, but archeologists and scientists have been unable to determine their function; for all intents and purposes they appear to be inert chunks of crystal and metal inscribed with decorative patterns....

so like...

could be developed more...

and organisms...

A previously undiscovered bacterial lifeform unique to the Sirius Sector, these microorganisms are remarkably efficient at metabolizing certain elements into oxygen, nitrogen, and carbon dioxide. When seeded in an immature planetary environment they can accelerate the terraforming process tenfold, or provide a rich, abundant source of food for other organisms in more mature planetary ecosystems.
Nomads have Artifacts of their own, mainly belonging to two of the other Castes which you don't really see ingame. Other artifacts, or ones you can find really isn't something which brings interest.

Alien Organisms? So there are more biological stuff out there. So what? Again, not really a point of interest.
(07-11-2014, 09:59 PM)Moveit56 Wrote: [ -> ]which you don't really see ingame

^^

so like what if we developed it?

I mean... just claiming you have something but you don't really have it...in game

Wouldn't a civilization still wana gather relics of other alien civilizations?

dunno. not an expert, but seems to me maybe its an idea
There already is a good amount of information on the Nomads and artifacts. Inquire Within
Information suure... but is it in the game?

Edit:
http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Derelict_Nomad_Artifact

What about that!
maybe like build some sort of economy off that?
Well, there will be sort of nomad miners, except not playable, and well, they wouldn't even be like nomad ships... Erm.
I don't see Nomads as miners or traders. They don't really have a reason for obtaining or having money at all, since they are rather guardians of their homes. They are different from humans, I believe.
While we are at the subject of artifacts, I always thought that nomad remains are not infact the items that factions such as core are intrested in, rather - in artifacts. Its not as hard to imagine a few players capturing a live nomad morph instead of blowing it up. It worked before. Also, by my read - artifacts could pre-date nomads, who knows(?) - again I don't know the nomad story in this regard, but nature always make sure that any form of life has a predator, or something stronger to it. Its only a matter of time until nomads will find a life form that is even more advanced then them, but will they reach sirius? I don't think so. Infact, I'd like to see a bigger threat than nomads, because I'd like the nomads to sense fear.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5