Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Prop] More un-explored systems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe you add more Omega's and Omicrons? Empty(like are Omicron Lost or Omega-9) or with some bases, wrecks and with new planets? Please do it! Because many of us know Sirius and Gallia very good, we wish to have something more interesting!
Rather, mix up the existing systems a bit.
That's already being done in the great Omicron rework™ by Yuri/Treewyrm, if I remember right. It'll hopefully be released soon.
Theres bastille! Which can be visited if you ask them ( seriously ). I rather see a mixture of two useless systems to one useful system.
I've just looked over a thread about Jump Drives and saw this. In the next moment i thought something like... What if you can enter unexplored and empty spaces if you jump blind without coordinates? I speak about systems which aren't connected to others. You could jump in the middle of a Nomad nest, in hazardous clouds, or simply into a black hole.
The last thing we need is even more Galila and even more buffer systems.
(07-13-2014, 01:03 PM)SkyNet Wrote: [ -> ]I've just looked over a thread about Jump Drives and saw this. In the next moment i thought something like... What if you can enter unexplored and empty spaces if you jump blind without coordinates? I speak about systems which aren't connected to others. You could jump in the middle of a Nomad nest, in hazardous clouds, or simply into a black hole.
Like the unfocused Jumpdrive from X3, I guess. Not sure if that is possible with the Freelancer engine, would be interesting though.
(07-13-2014, 01:22 PM)Omicron Wrote: [ -> ]The last thing we need is even more Galila and even more buffer systems.

Agreed. There are currently considerably more systems in the mod than there are ever players on the server. We really don't need even more.

Also, like Occam said, Yuri is working on the Omicrons layout. Expect changes to come.
(07-13-2014, 01:22 PM)Omicron Wrote: [ -> ]The last thing we need is even more Galila and even more buffer systems.

QFT.

Seriously, look around. Since the 2011, the online was dropping, but the amount of systems/space was increasing. Maybe just divide the mod into Multiplayer and Single player versions, so the folks loving to fly in empty space for hours would be satisfied?

And work around multiplayer version with a butcher's cleave and a sledgehamer. Simple scalpel is not enough at this point.
Our current focus is on streamlining existing systems before we get to adding more. Uncharted/exploration systems are something I wouldn't mind adding, but that would only be after many of our more superfluous systems are cut down.