Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Let's Talk Battlestar...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, someone may have already covered this before but... Why IS the Battlestar II an admin-only ship? When was the last time anyone saw an admin flying one? and at over a billion creds, making it avaliable to the public ain't gonna start a rash of everyone buyin up Battlestars is it?

Sound like a superiority thing to me... very Freudian.
well, why would you pick up a vessel that can't move out of an asteroid field?
' Wrote:well, why would you pick up a vessel that can't move out of an asteroid field?

I'd stay out of asteroid fields... problem solved
Besides thats not the point... I wanna know WHY people aren't allowed to buy it

If the answer is "because it can't move through asteroid fields" I would summise that it is wasted space in the download to begin with.
Ships can't be removed from the mod ( if i remember correctly) without a player wipe.

Which is why it's there, there is the battlestar and adv battlestar, why would one need a ship that can't do anything but fly straight? Never flown it myself so i don't know it's pros and cons, but it's not needed.
well, I always assumed it was a waste of space indeed... I dont know, admin like to have some nice stuff for them?...
The Corsair dread is so glitched you can't undock with it >.<

Venator cruiser from SW...Dang thing is HUGE...
Ahhh I assumed it had something to do with a player-wipe being needed to get rid of it...
I suppose i'll make do with the Adv. version...
Wouldn't mind a shot in a mk.II though... for the banter.
The Battlestar 2 can't use jumpgates or tradelanes, it's so big.
I have flown the Battlestar II and it's huge, like it almost doesnt fit in trade lanes huge.
I forget why it was removed but it was one of the most powerfull battleships
750000 hull 1400 bots and bats that thing could lay down some damage if you
managed to get it to the battlefield before the battle was over...

Edit: To the post up above, it can take jumpgates, trade lanes however took ages to align
properly to take, it was easier and faster to simply cruise
I have seen shots of it. It is HUGE, basically untectured, and looks like, well, and eyesore. Besides the fact that any one on one fight the other BS could fly circles around it. I quote Fellow Hoodlem 'you don't fly the thing, you beam it.'
Pages: 1 2