Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: // i'm fleeing battle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
EDIT: This was deleted by me.
Malak
hm - to be honest - if you say //i am fleeing the battle ... the enemy can say //good for you... i am chasing you still

even if a "frag" is not what RP is all about, there is nothing wrong with trying to destroy a player. - the fact that you are fleeing does not mean that you are untouchable. - the only situation where a player is suggested to be left alone is...

- when he was fighting - but managed to dock on a station in the system. in that case, the rules suggest to allow this player a free passage out of the system since he retreated, but not out of the system.

of course a behaviour about how a char or if a char destroys an enemy that attempts to retreat is fully up to the faction he represents and the player/char himself. - so the archetype corsair might only satisfy his bloodlust by actually scoring a kill - while cowardly zoner is happy when the enemy has retreated. ( of course a 4 hours lock out applies to the retreating player, too )
Bah, i quit. That's just totally lame in my book.
try to look at it from the other persons point of view. - lets say, you re flying a bomber - and there is a nasty destroyer firing everything on you. - you re all alone. - but through your good skills, you manage to drain his shields slowly but steadily - and then manage to get his hull down to 20% - so its only one more supernova to blow him up - the whole fight took over 30 minutes, you are exhausted - but pretty proud on yourself. ( yes, its possible to solo a cruiser/destroyer in a single bomber )

now - the destroyercaptain says

//alright, i m out - i m fleeing!

hm .... what will you do. let him go? or fire your torp cause his shields are still down and your SN is just waiting to be fired while you re having the capital ship right in your hindsight.
' Wrote:try to look at it from the other persons point of view. - lets say, you re flying a bomber - and there is a nasty destroyer firing everything on you. - you re all alone. - but through your good skills, you manage to drain his shields slowly but steadily - and then manage to get his hull down to 20% - so its only one more supernova to blow him up - the whole fight took over 30 minutes, you are exhausted - but pretty proud on yourself. ( yes, its possible to solo a cruiser/destroyer in a single bomber )

now - the destroyercaptain says

//alright, i m out - i m fleeing!

hm .... what will you do. let him go? or fire your torp cause his shields are still down and your SN is just waiting to be fired while you re having the capital ship right in your hindsight.
i was in that situation when i was in my lone Titan trying to take down an adv Train and after 10 minutes of fighting i had nearly killed him... at which point i had to hear that the transport wanted to call the fight off...

do you know HOW irritating that is? i said "screw that prepare to die fool!!!":nono:

i'm not gonna take that kind of s*** after i pounded him for 10 minutes and only managed to get away in the end with about 30% hull and no bots bats left... ok you can call me a bad pilot but that's that
well you are leaving so what... stop and let him kill you if you really have to leave the computer.

Umm? You break RP to say you are leaving, so what, the attacker does not have to let you escape! Escaping a battle is within RP, you dont announce your out of it OOC, what you do do is say "This is too much!" or similar and attempt to escape, either you do or you die, the people you are fighting are certainly within their rights to keep on firing at you.
You're kidding me right? Just because you say //I am fleeing that does NOT mean the other player has to let you go. If that's what you want then you really need to find another game to play because once combat is joined someone is almost always going to go BOOM!! It is up to you to escape the battle if you can not the other players responsibility to allow you to disengage if you feel you will lose. Honestly it would look pretty silly for a battle to start and one player to say "oh hey i cant win so i am leaving" and the other guy to reply "oh sorry i am so good you can go".
Think of it like this you walk up to a person punch him in the face and he starts beating you into the ground. Do you really think many would stop if you said "hey you win i'm leaving"? MAYBE 1 in 10 would stop but i doubt it.
"Good" bounty evasion tactics, eh? Try that on a Mandalorian and see what happens.;)
I rarely camp people, and I usually let them go.

Unless they piss me off, in that case I return the favor tenfold while being perfectly within the rules.

I r winz.
Pages: 1 2