Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Final Fantasy XII
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just bought a copy of Final Fantasy XII, so far I've played around 25 hours on it, so far I think the graphics and sceneries are stunning, possibly the best the PS2 can muster in its final stand.

The combat system is new and interesting, but I prefer the old style, FFVII. But I love no more 'random' screen cruncher battles, less annoying, now I can avoid them more. The characters seem well thought out and unique.

Vaan = Why the odd gut? Girly face...
Basch = Voice is supreme, pure patriot
Balthier = Pirate version of Auron?
Fran = What is it with japs and bunnies? A fail with me, good voice though, quiet yet wise (Female Kimari?)
Ashe = A princess with that clothing? Ok... fail. Good voice again and personality
Penelo = Fair enough, but a scuba divers uniform?
Imperials = British medieval storm troopers with skyships named after famous summon beasts? British voices make the best evil guys in my opinion, more sinister.

Story seems ok so far, hard making money unless I steal and poach a lot of skeletons in the snowy mountain. Remembering all these place names is daunting...

Win or fail for you?
Win....my g/f bought it for me for christmas and I loved it. she did also. I love the combat style. not being turn based. The gambits were pretty awesome also cause i could set certain characters to do certain things at certain times. The story line was sort of hard to get into at first but once i was i was hooked. I loved some of the missions also because they really worked your brain and made sure you were paying attention. I of course already beat it so I am not going to give away any spoilers on it. Final verdict is of course a win. Mainly cause I didnt think I would like it at first but it reallly made a turn around on me.
I love the game, personally.

Not for the faint of heart- err, more like brain. The story is -deep-. I'll play it for awhile and come back and have to restart the whole thing because I've forgot it all.:P

As for the money making, it is quite difficult. And you really do need to have the best possible equipment to fair well. But I always like a challenge, gives it replay and length.

My verdict: Win.
Win, I dont play much Final fantasy but this had me almost addicted. But I prefer Sci Fi. The game was good bt the sieries is overrated.