Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Sky Crawlers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having seen recently the Edge of Tommorow (based on the Japanese light novel All You Need Is Kill) was rather a good suprise, there's another film version of the light novels, entitled Sky Crawlers (books are not in English, sadly). Despite being anime - what people tend to say "lol, nope, those Chinese cartoons again?" - this title is one of the deepest sh*t I've ever seen, akin to the Ghost in the Shell.

Summary:
Human race have stopped all the wars, but they cannot live without the wars. They have created a sub-species of the humanity, Kildrens - the neveraging childen who life to fly, fight and die. Plot is very akin that to the All You Need Is Kill, because if one Kildren is killed, it is replaced by the "copy", with another name, but the same behaviours, looking and very rarely with the scraps of memory of the previous copy. The Kildren are empty, emotionless, being happy only with flying all above, being used in wargames between Lautern and Rostock companies - there are exceptions. And someone up there, the infamous Teacher, who is the ace of the aces on this alternative, emotionless and sad version of our Earth.

Why I love and adore this anime? Good plot, stunning effects (the same guys made Ace Combat series; the other anime project they were working on is Yukikaze - based on the books as well) and movie is just flowing, slowly, yet you are not bored, despite a long run (over 2 hours). Part of the movie even shows some various places in Poland, which in-movie is part of European Confederation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MRHo0CH6KA

Here. One of my favorite games on the Wii.
I would love that to play on X360. Damn.
Magnificent movie. By the way – one of the most atmospheric AMV that I've seen.