Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Black Cherry || Blackport 66 's Night Club and Bar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
"Sorry, my Kusari is limited to knowing just enough of it, to normally get someone else to pay the next round." she said without turning towards him.

The bartender came back with the shots in hand and put them on the bar. She reached for one, turned and held it up to toast with her new possible source of information. "My name is Kandy," she said with a smile. "Kandy Singular."
Hyun chuckles at her notion. "It can be a difficult language to get." he added a smirk as he picked up the drink. "To new opportunities!" He announced as the thumping of the base tried to drown out his words. "Lets move somewhere more appropriate to talking." he motioned towards the private lounges on the second floor.
"Yeaaa...well, there is a slight problem with that plan." She said, then killed her shot and put the glass back down on the bar.
" I do not go into rooms I do not know, with Individuals I do not know." She held up two fingers to bartender and nodded for two more shots. "I call it the `I Do Not Know you´ rule." She reached into her flight jacket and pulled out credits for the next round.
"Ah, so its your first time here I take it?" Hyun said as he waited for the bar keep to come back around. "My name is Hyun Shik. I'm a mechanic of sorts." Hyun finished as he gave the bartender a nod and the credits were placed back on the counter. "This ones on the house miss." He said with a smile and walked away to help the other customers at the bar. "So why don't we get to know each other then." Hyun said grinning through the second shot as it slid down easy. " You know where I come from but I have no idea of your roots. So where do you come from." Hyun asked inquisitively as he smacked the counter. The bar keep walked over and looked at Hyun who nodded. The bar keep then proceeded to line the bar between them with 20 shot glasses and fill them all with liquor. When the bar keep was done Hyun tossed him a credit chit. He looked appreciative, pocketed the credits, and continued on with his work.
As she watched the bartender pour the two rows of shots, she let her right hand slide down to a small unnoticeable "bump" between the seams of the right leg of her flight suit and pressed it. She felt the small prick of a needle on her skin and she knew that any alcohol see drank would now processes through her system like water. It was a shame, because she was enjoying her buzz and replacing the mechanism meant she would have to spend a future evening sowing in a new one and she hated sowing.

She picked up the first shot and turned to look out the observation window.
"You see that bright star right out there?"
Hyun chuckles, "You mean that hauler with the major navigation lights on it? If you can see out of a dark matter cloud you have some serious implants in those eyes." Hyun downs a shot and looks at the inky blackness as lightning races across the view. "I haven't seen stars properly in about a month or was it two. Ahhh you lose all track of time when your in this place." Kandy couldn't quite place it but she felt as though he wasn't talking about the bar.
She grabbed another shot off the bar. "You asked where I was from." She consumed the shot in a swift motion, turned back toward the bar and set the glass back upside down. "That freighter is a better example of a home world to me than any random planet circling any random star."

She picked up another shot glass full of liquor. "So, what is your story? Paying off a gambling debt turning wrenches? Are you......Into low class cheap trim? Cause this place if full of it....but no, you don´t seem like the type that goes for the cheap stuff, the free stuff I´m sure you go for, cause like....everyone does right? You don´t seem like you are running from anything," She let off enough of a ramble to make it seem the brew was having effect. She drank the shot in her hand, and set glass upside down on the bar.

"You are much to friendly to strangers to be running or hiding from anything."
Hyun grins. "I am home." Hyun waits for that to settle. "I grew up in Kusari. Sold everything one day and met this racing gang at Tottori. Sunny offered me a position and I have been here ever since." Hyun finishes as he plays with a shot. "So if this place is low class and cheap trim, whats a high class lady like your self doing here. It doesn't seem to fit you well.
"By ¨low class cheap trim¨, my friend, I meant a larger percentage of the female barflies hanging around. No offense but, most of the women I´ve seen here tonight, climb bed sheets on their backs for a living." She grabbed another shot off of the bar. "Bah, forget about it, it is a girl thing, I can tell what they do for credits, and they can tell what I don`t do. We all secretly look down our noses at each other and smile as if we are best of friends." She drank the shot in her hand and put it back on the bar like the rest.

"Now, this Station, is top notch, all considered. I was lucky to have picked it up on my scanners. If I had not blown the relay on my third engine coupling and If I had not been trying to shake some Junkers off my Six, I would have never moved into the Cloud, and I would have not met the racer that gave us the invite and clearance to dock. Little did we know there was a party going on."

Kandy reached into her flight jacket and pulled out a spliff. "Ill let that comment about me being ¨high classed¨ slide for the moment." She said with a smile as she put the joint in her mouth and made like she was searching for a lighter in the rest of her flight suit pockets.
Hyun snapped his fingers and a moment later the joint began to smoke as if by magic. Hyun looked at the surprise on her face as the joint lit up. "I got tired of lighting Sunny's when he would lose his lighter so I reprogrammed some nanobots with cutting lasers to act as a lighter." Hyun finished. "I apologize if I offended you with the term high classed. I wasn't being facetious though. Also this is the black cherry. Here the party never stops." Hyun said. "Chased by Junkers huh. What did you do to make them mad?" Hyun asked as he sipped at the shot he was holding.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40