Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Players Sanctioned; Rogue.D and Explosions.Hurt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Rogue.D and Explosions.Hurt havebeen sanctioned for:

Server Rule Wrote:1.2 Trolling or harassing other members of the community

Consequences: Demanding 10 million credits from 4 ships, that they drop their scrap, AND leave the area is a bit much. Please do not do it again. In the meantime, your guns and armor have fallen off, your cargo hold has been cleared to make room for your sanction notice, and Junkers and Zoners are no longer friendly, at all, to you.

Link to original report (Admin use only)

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban.
Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE
I'd like to see the evidence.
~Explosions.Hurt
PM sent
Ok then, this is clearly a revenge sanction. But rather than dwell on that I will explain myself.

Basically, I had caught this exact same group of people working with a capital ship. I told them that if I ever saw them working with capital ships of any kind again, there would be dire consequences. A few days later I caught them working with another capital ship, and I fined them for doing such. What occurred after was a slew of salvagers engaging my ship alongside more outcast capital ships, raising my characters own suspicious and level of mistrust towards these Junkers/Jump-Traders.
And now, we have this event which the sanction relates to. My character had caught these people working with a foreign capital ship for the third time. Rogue.D had spotted an Outcast capital ship working as a Jump Trader for these lot. Thus, my character had appropriately and harshly fined them as a result for breaking their promise, lying to him and bringing foreign capital ships into Texas irrespective of the Rogue law which he was trying to enforce. The demand was appropriate given prior history and the fact that they were caught committing the crime again. I have done nothing wrong here, all I did was enforce the inRP consequences of lying to my Rogue.

I imply that this is a revenge sanction based on the knowledge that they KNEW it was a bad idea to cooperate with foreign capital ships. They knew that they were committing a crime within the eyes of my Rogue, yet they still proceeded to commit it anyway. The only real reason this sanction was submitted was because they were upset that they had made a mistake and wanted someone to blame.

If you insist on punishing me for simply playing my role, contributing to RP and enforcing inRP consequences on those who would rather remove themselves from the RP environment and simply Jump Trade away in an interaction-proof bubble, then fine. Whilst we're at it we might as well put the Premium Scrap field in Connecticut.

And why were we FR5'd to Junkers and Zoners? I don't know about Rogue.D, but my character has had a lot of history with Junkers for the positive side. All he was doing was punishing them for acting against a Rogue's law. Zoners I don't even understand, as Zoners are a generic faction and I really doubt the Zoner Official Factions would ever agree to FR5 a single Rogue ship for shooting a single FAR outside any nearby Freeports or other Zoner related assets.
Furthermore I don't recall that we docked on a Junker base whilst we were being attacked by Junkers. Both FR5s are completely unjustified given the circumstances. The whole sanction is unjustified given the circumstances.
Can I get a response yet? I don't mean to sound impatient but I know the admins are around. Same for the people who submitted the sanction too. Can I get a response?
How about some proof of your allegations? Words are one thing but some screen shots of things would be more damming.
Evidence sent to Doc Holiday.

If anything though, I feel Rogue.D should be left out of this sanction and not punished. I made the demands here and did the talking, therefore he should not be punished. At the very least, I feel he should be let off with a minor sanction.
(07-22-2014, 11:09 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Can I get a response yet? I don't mean to sound impatient but I know the admins are around. Same for the people who submitted the sanction too. Can I get a response?

Chill, I'm busy working 2 jobs, Hawk is some big important bossman/owner (not quite sure which), Garrett's on vacation, and the Altejangos are busy making babies (probably, I try not to think about Alte naked...dangit). It's been 24 hours, and it's just digital credits, you'll live. We'll get to you when we can.
I posted the evidence in the Admin section for discussion. We are all working stiffs so don't be pushy!!
Not all ships in question had, inRP, given you that promise.
The Jumper in question logged off as soon as he arrived in an empty field, thus Rogue.D could not see anything. Unless he was somewhere between 9-17k, because there was nothing on radar - while that field halves your radar range.

Usually I do not bother with pirates requesting such demands, I'm not that low on cash - but
-knowing your behavior and your personal and your group's ooRP hate for jumptraders that people witness on forums for some time already,
-as well as knowing that another character of yours has been actively engaged in that "fullcargo at sellpoint or die" encounters,
-and by actions of your related group - that was also sharing your views on whole jumptrading issue as it became evident from that thread you had on J-Trading - coming to conclusion that you've been specifically targeting a certain group of players (regardless of how poor communication skills they had, when approached) on various characters - (since clearly, hitting them when they're mining with cruisers and making unreasonable demands, and hitting them with Pirate ID'ed ship in Taus for full cargo when they're trading normally - combined, tastes bad enough.)

With these points in mind, I've decided to give it a try.

I did not expect that you personally was present during the encounter, though. Next time, please, wait until the Jumper appears and hit it directly, instead of going for loldemands based on ooRP knowledge and hate. It's quite damn easy to catch, you know it.

Edit: Changed the wording in italic part. Instead of "hitting them when they're jumptrading with cruisers - to hitting them when they're mining, with cruisers. I have zero problems with rogues blowing up all the outcast battleships/cruisers they can find, on sight. Even if there's a barge full of ore near it.)
Pages: 1 2