Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What Do You Like About Discovery?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Let us know what you love about this game. Paste these questions into your reply.

What is your favourite part of space?
What ship do you like the best?
Like any weapons? what ones?
What area has your favourite music?
Do you have some Forum RP that I can read about your characters?

Here's mine:

I love the Omegas because of their variety and because the decent pirate factions there, including the coolest, the RHA, are there. You really fell like you are in someone's territory when you go there.

Tough question: I am very fond of the Hussar LF that I have flown in the BPA, and I think the Bounty Hunter Bomber is easily one of the most beautiful looking ships.

Buckshots: nice effect and a very satisfying and visceral thumping sound; Bret splitter are super cool too.

Whats area has your favourite music?
I like the Omega 5 music but I generally play with the music muted and media player playing something in the background. Classical guitar, or Beethoven/Wagner usually.

I have short biographies for most of my characters and a few short stories. I don't get much time to write. I work as a teacher (History, English Lit and Special Education) so I spend most of my time correcting other people's work and teaching them how to write than writing myself.

The S/D message dump is the story of the faction. I play probably too many different characters in the faction.

Lately I tried expanding the storyline through an actual story about captured Wilde and Nomad tech, and exploring something of the shady background to the faction. I started that only recently here.

Wes "Feral" Cutter is my most active character now. To reflect his womanising I was red with all freelancer NPCs (they are mainly female?)

I think I really learned to roleplay in game as Roy Bropwn in the BPA. I miss playing him, been so busy elsewhere.

I spent ages playing Sir Roger Bertram Brinkley in the QCO. Had heaps of fun with his memoirs. He is still awaiting rescue if any of you chaps want to help.

Most of the biographies are creative re-interpretations or amalgams of historical figures I like.

Apologies to Hyung Soong.
Hmm, it would have to be Omicron Delta, almost always capitals to supernova in there with some nice RP mixing.

I don't have a favourite ship per se, but my favourite bomber is the Taiidan Bomber, and my favourite fighter is the Manta.

Hammerfal Code weapon, the sound effect is to die for.

Nomad Lair music, and Dangerous chase. Look for them in your Freelancer music folder.

Look in my signature.;)
My favourite part of space, eh?

Possibly the Omegas, too. You know there's always trouble nearby, so it keeps you vigilant.

Favourite ship?

I like the look of the Bounty Hunter ships, and the Challenger is cool too.

Weapons?

Nuke mines!:D

Music?

I always have msuic off... I like to have it off so that I can hear the tell-tale blast of those dastardly Supernovae.

Stories?

I guess that my Privateer, Andrew Stuart had some interesting stories. He's in jail now. When he feels like it.

My SCRA character, Ares, gets involved in all sorts of nonsense ,if you can find it. 'Loyalty' is my favourite short story so far with himself involved as a minor character. The SCRA message dump has more of his Corsair-gone-Commie antics.

Oh, and my former RM SCRA character, Jan Richthofen, once jettisoned some captured Hessians into vacuum without the benefits of escape pods or space-suits. That was sickeningly cool, I thought.:D
I prefer Bretonia, it isn't all that quiet, not as congested as NL and I rarely see OOC chat.

BHG Manta, I'm a fighter pilot and I love my Manta.

My Bucks by far for it's range and projectile speed it outclasses some of the Codes

My Media Player

Just in my applications for recruitment and my posts for the message dumps.
Gonna have to do something for that. A Bio for my S/D character will be the first one I submit

Kusari and the Omicrons. I dunno why.

That said, Omicron Kappa freaks me out.

Light Fighters. I guess the Arrow, Loki, and Scimitar are my current favorites.

Fury 5. Simple frickin' laser beams. I don't like the overly flashy weapons.

Um, I've been working on replacing the music.

Not currently, no.
Definately NOT Tau-23 or Omega-47. Can't shoot worth beans there, it keeps flashing out my sights.

Prolly Omicron Alpha/NY

Outcast Destroyer, Sabre, Liberty GB...erm...Havok Mk II

Mini Razor, Nuke Mines + Train CD...

I play with my sound muted most of the time

See below.
|
|
\/

The Omicrons and Gammas.

I luuuuv the titan, eagle & nepthys. The vanilla ones are the most sexiest ones in my opinion.

I like all Corsair, Order & Zoner guns. All of them are just sexy and fit to each other.

I dunno, i listen to other music and turned the game-music off, but not the effect sounds, they have to stay.

Nope

I like all the shortcuts and alternative ways in Liberty, the war in Taus and backgrounds in Rhienland. Omega 58 for the evilness.

Those that have some soul:
Wyrm
Titan, Wrath
RH bomber
Rogue GB
Kusari Dessie

Blue Blaze for sound and graphics (I like all big ball graphics for that sake;))
Firekiss+ Firekiss turret for the sound and graphics
Paralyzer for sound
Vengeances on a LF for awesomeness
Inferno on a bomber for awesomeness
Light Mortar

I have it turned off mostly, but I like Kusari one (though it makes me sleepy)

Short biographies for all my faction ones. Recruitment story for LH. And my Rogue GB is famous in one very long and cool news report.
What is your favorite part of space?

Probably Liberty, but Tau37 is quite nice same with Omicron Theta, its a shame they are so unpopulated though.

Liberty Dreadnought is a favorite, but I'm also partial to the patriot/defenders.

I like the weapons that go with my faction ships. (And despise codenames)

I do like the Z21 creepy music.. but otherwise no area has a major favourite

Yup, Valhalla Rising is currently in works, nothing much for my other characters though, but they have un-written history

I'm drawn to Rheinland space and neighboring Omegas. Some of them are ugly. I guess it's the variety that is rich even in one system alone. I like the crystal blue views in Taus and in Omega-7. The Rheinland space is teeming with proper pirates. So many factions there. Any way you fly out of Dresden you have interesting systems. What I like about Dresden is that even though it's very near the heart of New Berlin it feels like driving through a bad neighborhood.

Kusari is a one place I try to think reason to go there. I don't know why. It just does not have the appeal.

Odin. Finally I've started to tame the beast within. I honestly think that Outcast Dagger and Stiletto are top notch looking. The Sabre is an over-kill.

Like any weapons? What ones?
Rheinland Vipers always give me willies. Every time I hear the cannon shot like sound it's even more frightening since I'm on the receiving end and it means the enemy is close!

Don't know. But music in Omegas fool me everytime when the breathing sounds comes.

In the sig. Johannes's story is more poetic so go with it first.
Pages: 1 2 3