Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello Discovery!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
G'day folks! Names Johnny and I am thrilled to be here.... I played through the single player campaign several times over the years and somehow missed the exciting development of multiplayer mods for this fantastic classic! I am active in several writing based roleplaying communities as both a player and GM and am very excited to explore this world of discovery you have innovated/created!

I have read through the rules and much of the tutorials available and have a few questions... namely... How do I actually get an ID? I see a lot of threads on the different types and what they impact.. but I am unsure of how to actually obtain one.
Forgive my noobish question, and thank you for any help provided. I look forward to seeing you all in space! I will be the peaceful trader just enjoying the sites with a hunk of cheese and a glass of wine. Cheers!
for the diffrent typs of id just type /showrestarts

each id have a good eyplanation Smile good luck

-> WIKI
(07-26-2014, 12:09 AM)karl Wrote: [ -> ]for the diffrent typs of id just type /showrestarts

each id have a good eyplanation Smile good luck

-> WIKI

Ahhh thanks. I have already read the wiki but it didn't say to use the /restart command with the appropriate switch. I am assuming you just use the givecash command to bounce money around that way you don't have to start off broke each time?
u can use a new charachter to choose the right id you are looking for.
dont use the givecash command till you found what you want, or maybe you cant restart with that car again for a while.

u can transfer cash to new chars, but just chars who played ca. 1h can use the command to.
you cant draw the cash back from new chars.
I believe I understand what you are saying. Thanks again for the help!
(07-26-2014, 12:36 AM)drjfever Wrote: [ -> ]I believe I understand what you are saying. Thanks again for the help!

I'm surprised you did.

Welcome. Smile

/showrestarts is a good start, then /restart "Factionnamehere" is the next logical step.

Characters under 1 hour old can't use /givecash, but can have credits transferred to them.

Now all you have to do is pick a faction. (Also, the Wiki seems to be horrendously out of date so don't rely on it as much as FLStat and FL Companion. Freelancer Account Manager is also a thing to look into if you want to have more than 5 characters.)
Welcome to Disco! Don't forget your seatbelt! It's gonna be rocky Big Grin

If you know and love your RP you might wanna click my signature down there with the golden apple.

Know your fnords and go against the currents. Eris prevails.
(07-26-2014, 04:45 AM)n00bl3t Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-26-2014, 12:36 AM)drjfever Wrote: [ -> ]I believe I understand what you are saying. Thanks again for the help!
Characters under 1 hour old can't use /givecash, but can have credits transferred to them.
10-15 minutes*.
Quote:Freelancer Account Manager is also a thing to look into if you want to have more than 5 characters.)
FLAM is horrendously not user-friendly, FL ID changer ate my IDs several times, but Discovery Launchpad is pretty good in that matter.

If you want some on-server help then add me on skype (protegeeee), since I'm recently bored to tears with all forms of moneymaking and could use some company.
Hello & welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay.

Since no one really fully answered your ID question - While the /restart commands are great for initially setting up a character in the right region/allegiance, they might not have everything you want, or you may wish to change your roleplay/character direction at a later date as you play. A common example would be the freelancer who eventually turns to piracy and thus wants to change his ID.

Ship ID's are actually a piece of equipment (just like a gun or shield, for example) that you can purchase and mount on your vessel from equipment dealers on every base in the game. Aside from a couple of generic ones, most faction ID's can only be found on stations belonging to that faction. Say if you wanted a Kusari Naval Forces ID (and didn't want to start a new character or wipe all your stuff from using /restart), you'd have to travel to a military base in Kusari to find it.

I'm sure you've already seen the rules, but be careful to only keep one ID at a time on your ship for that reason Angel.

I hope that helps! There's a good few things here that can be confusing at first, so please feel free to ask any questions you might have. This can at times be a bit of an intimidating community/mod to get involved with, but I hope you stick with it!

In the mean time, this post is a great port of call for information and guides which I still refer to often to find that odd bit of information. From there there's also pages detailing ID's (possibly a bit outdated as others have said, as it's on the previous mod-version Wiki) and restart templates, which are fully up to date.

Welcome!
Pages: 1 2