Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Neutral ID discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Something crossed my mind earlier. Why would you have the Neutral ID in-game?

Here is the ID description from Datastorm (sorry):
Datastorm Wrote:Price: 1000000 - Neutral ID
Pilot carrying this ID has declared himself or herself lawful and neutral towards all factions. Neutral ID owner cannot attack other players (self-defense is allowed). Other players are not allowed to attack ships equipped with Neutral ID anywhere except clan systems and Connecticut arena system. Neutral ID owners cannot join any factions, except factions that are neutral themselves.
Allowed ships: Fighters, Freighters
Carrying unmounted IDs in your ship, as well as not equipping an ID, is a serious crime.

So the Neutral ID pilots can only ever PvP through defensive means and can never pilot anything bigger than a freighter, the largest I can think of is the Humpback. No fighting, so these guys are literally the Zoners that have the rules on their side in a way.

Here is my opinion on Pro's and Con's:

Pro's
  • Useful for Camera pilots with Video recorders for events or large battles
  • Explorer ships
  • Just in-game for a chat
  • Fighter testing?
  • PvP rules are on your side defensively
Con's
  • Can get boring fast
  • Can't make money fast (unless you Arms Deal, but I've never seen that happen with a Neutral ID ship)
  • Allied to nobody
  • Cannot attack annoying folk in level range
  • Can't help faction directly since you cannot make money easily without Transport class ships

Those are my opinions. While I have never seen a Neutral ID ship in flight, I can't really see anyone having any good fun in them. Apart from Camera/Journalists I have no quarrel at all. I think that is what its for. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Seeing as the Neutral ID is admin given as I am aware of, what are the guidelines to give one out? Good RP? Good reputation? Contributor to server? Never broken a rule? I am curious on that front.

Thanks again for reading.;)
While I may be wrong, I think it's only given to the Angels. Which is really all I can see it getting used for without a problem.
can i make and arms dealer character and ask admins for neutral ID?
Yeah, it's admin-given to Angels and Camera ships only (and most Camera ships just stay below level 30). They used to have it open to the public, back when I first joined, but it's not that way any more. Now, if you have one from back then you can get sanctioned, I think.
The angels use it, and I think they used to use it on some camera ship players.

Angels and Camera ships I understand no problems.

For Arms Dealers, as far as I know, first sign of trouble and you run for the dock button no questions asked. Understandable. Even if your given a neutral ID as a Arms Dealer, your still only fighting defensively, imaging a Luxury Liner attacking a capital ship or many bombers? Stupidity much?

Anyway, I'm just wanting to get a better perspective on the 'sacred' ID since I've never seen on in-game and its given on a trust basis.
imo, the neutral id should stay restricted to camera ships, and the angels. it has no RP purpose, except in helping other people (angels), or taking vids (camera ship), therefore, it shouldnt be given for RP purposes. the zoner id is mostly (i repeat, MOSTLY) neutral, and works in like 90% of cases.

my camera ship has a zoner guard tag, and a zoner id, and i use it for RP (see: profile of vitus orlov). with a neutral id, i feel RP cant be developed properly.

Arms dealing is a form of RP, and therefore, neutral id should be out of the question. only difference is, many arms dealers dont RP, just sell guns for cash. i try to differ, and there -are- dealers who RP too.
In my opinion..the neutral ID is more like an OOC protection marker. I believe you shouldn't be able to roleplay with that ID.
' Wrote:In my opinion..the neutral ID is more like an OOC protection marker. I believe you shouldn't be able to roleplay with that ID.
Roleplay and Neutral ID? How? I cannot see a logical RP without being very radical.
Neutral ID for arms dealer ??? wow are you crazy ?

I'm planing an attack on one of them, I won't abort it !

They are traders with millions and millions credits ready to be catched by our tractor beam. If you have the occasion to destroy one of them, DO IT !!!
Pages: 1 2